Windows 10: my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

Discus and support my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my house has 5 windows10 laptops, and 6 smartphones and one PS4, all these devices uses wifi this problem occurs only with my son laptop, it is dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by makhan10, Mar 20, 2020.

1. makhan10 Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

my house has 5 windows10 laptops, and 6 smartphones and one PS4,

all these devices uses wifi

this problem occurs only with my son laptop, it is dell laptop one year old came preinstalled with win10

wifi disconnects after 5 minutes

and it says something like your wifi netwrok uses old security keys please update your wifi security protocol

i dont remember the exact phrase.

i changed my wifi router yesterday as 5 years old router was giving problems too slow internet

this problem occurs after installing the new router

:)

makhan10, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Hublerr Win User

Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.

I am having issues with my computer, I'm on windows 10. My wifi disconnect every 5-ish minutes, when I reconnect the wifi adapter, it works for 5 minutes and disconnects again. Works on all other devices, I tried to update/install network drivers, but I
    can't figure out how.

Hublerr, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

[table][tr][td]Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62[/td] [/tr] [/table]

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

Matthewryaio, Mar 20, 2020
  4. tab13 Win User

E7 wifi disconnects after every minute.

Hi,

My E7 connects to the wifi smoothly but it last only for a minute though wifi icon on the top shows its connected. I need to manually update all my homescreen widgets, Nimbuzz or any other online app disconnects in the background mode, even while browsing,
    if idle for a minute it gets disconnected, i have to refresh my wifi connection after every minute.!!

tab13, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes - Similar Threads - son laptiop wifi

2. Bluetooth disconnects after 5 minutes straight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth disconnects after 5 minutes straight: So this has been hapening for quite a while now. Im using a bluetooth adapter usb to my pc to use wireless bluetooth headphones. And its been going ok but every time i launch a game with easy anti cheat or valorant after 5 minutes straight my headphones disconnect without...
  3. Bluetooth disconnects after 5 minutes straight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth disconnects after 5 minutes straight: So this has been hapening for quite a while now. Im using a bluetooth adapter usb to my pc to use wireless bluetooth headphones. And its been going ok but every time i launch a game with easy anti cheat or valorant after 5 minutes straight my headphones disconnect without...
  4. Bluetooth disconnects after 5 minutes straight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. External usb wifi gets disconnected after 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External usb wifi gets disconnected after 5 minutes.: I purchased a new usb wifi stick for my laptop. I have installed all the drivers. It gets connected to wifi and later after 5 minutes it automatically gets disconnected.so initially it shows "wifi" and "wifi4" in the drop down of wifi. 5 minutes after connection it just shows...
  6. External usb wifi gets disconnected after 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External usb wifi gets disconnected after 5 minutes.: I purchased a new usb wifi stick for my laptop. I have installed all the drivers. It gets connected to wifi and later after 5 minutes it automatically gets disconnected.so initially it shows "wifi" and "wifi4" in the drop down of wifi. 5 minutes after connection it just shows...
  7. External usb wifi gets disconnected after 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes

WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes: Hello- I have a Dell G7 laptop with windows 10 installed. When I am on my home wireless network, my computer disconnects itself from the network every 5-10 minutes. I have troubleshooted this problem and tried many methods of fixing it. When I do trouble shoot, I always get...
  9. Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.

Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.: I am having issues with my computer, I'm on windows 10. My wifi disconnect every 5-ish minutes, when I reconnect the wifi adapter, it works for 5 minutes and disconnects again. Works on all other devices, I tried to update/install network drivers, but I can't figure out how....
  10. WIFI keeps disconnecting after a couple of minutes

WIFI keeps disconnecting after a couple of minutes: Hi, I'm new here and I'm not very good with that kind of stuff, so please be comprehensive. I have a lenovo Y40-70 that I bought 1 year ago. I have a problem with my wifi connection, it keeps disconnecting after 5 minutes to 1 hour. It's been 1 week since I have this...