Windows 10: My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?

Discus and support My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son activated Dual Auth and used his phone as a second factor. He remove the profile, but now to re-connect he needs to approve his dual auth in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CedricCozzolino Bronzwaer, Jan 18, 2019.

1. My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?

My son activated Dual Auth and used his phone as a second factor. He remove the profile, but now to re-connect he needs to approve his dual auth in the app.

We did a password reset request and now need to wait for 30 days for something to happen. First of all, what will happen for us to wait 30 days is not clear to me, and second why even when a code is sent to his email, he can login to a trusted device such as his laptop etc.. can't we get to a point where we can reset the password in an easier fashion? Among all, he is member of my Microsoft family so that could potentially help as a second approver?

30 days is a long time for a 12 years old..

Thanks for your support on this

Cedric

:)

CedricCozzolino Bronzwaer, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

Source: Microsoft Authenticator (beta)

Brink, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Authenticator app for Apple Watch now in public preview

Source: Microsoft Authenticator companion app for Apple Watch now in public preview Enterprise Mobility + Security

Brink, Jan 18, 2019
  4. poit57 Win User

My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?

Microsoft Account authentication

After more research, I have found my answer. It looks like the issue was that Microsoft released a new Microsoft Authenticator app with the features first introduced in Microsoft Authenticator Beta. The new app received a prompt to approve access to my Microsoft
    Account when signing on from a new PC, though I find it strange that the beta app wasn't directly upgraded to the new version of the app.

Microsoft now has three 2 step authentication apps available in the store for Windows 10 Mobile:

• Authenticator - original app from Windows Phone 8
    • Microsoft Authenticator Beta - originally released to Windows 10 users when Windows 10 Mobile was only available on the Windows Insider program.
    • Microsoft Authenticator - the official Windows 10 app no longer in beta

poit57, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?

1. My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app? - Similar Threads - son needs approve

2. Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install an app. The app is not approved by Microsoft lol: I am trying to install Articulate 360, but get a message that it is not an approved Microsoft app. I need it for my work. HELP!!! me to install this app...
  3. microsoft authenticator android app

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    microsoft authenticator android app: i have problem with this app when clicked on add personal account it is stuck there please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator-android-app/f863b152-cddf-4ad7-9be5-2c6ae05a1334
  4. Microsoft authentication app not working with requests

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft authentication app not working with requests: I have my personal Microsoft account configured with two-factor authentication via the app on my Android mobile. It just doesn't work for my personal account but it does for a client's Office 365 account, i.e. the app is working, just not with my personal account. It says...
  5. Authenticator App

Authenticator App: Hello, I would like to suggest to add a feature in the Microsoft authenticator application which enables the user to login into a session without using a password just like outlook or other Microsoft's services....
  6. Unable to install Articulate 360 app, error message: app is not approved by Microsoft app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install Articulate 360 app, error message: app is not approved by Microsoft app.: I am not able to install Articulate 360, which I need for my work, and I receive a message that it is not an approved Microsoft app. Why does Microsoft determine which apps I can download and how can I override this setting? Thank you - Linda Zehnbauer, ***Removed PII***...
  7. Use Microsoft Authenticator App with Windows Hello

Use Microsoft Authenticator App with Windows Hello: Hi there, a) possible to use use the Microsoft Authenticator App in general for Window Hello? b) possible to use push notification (allow, decline) for desktop login? --> User types user name during windows login --> User gets a notification on the smartphone. --> User...
  8. Logging onto my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging onto my computer: After updating windows 10, when I TRY TO LOG ONTO MY COMPUTER I get message that user profile cannot be loaded. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-onto-my-computer/c57b0b4e-5e59-4952-8492-45d33d4d1717
  9. App Microsoft Authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Microsoft Authenticator: Hello, I'm came from chatting with a technical support on Microsoft, with not result about,.. What happen if you change your phone number using the Microsoft Authenticator App? Well, I know there is a lot of people with the same issue, with the two step verification. The...
  10. Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store: This is a Beta version of the Authenticator app and is only intended for internal testing purposes. The first step towards a world without passwords! After a quick Bluetooth sync, use this app to unlock your Windows 10 computer at work. Just open the app and tap on a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happen when we click on deny in approve sign in in microsoft autnticator app