Windows 10: My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?

Discus and support My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son activated Dual Auth and used his phone as a second factor. He remove the profile, but now to re-connect he needs to approve his dual auth in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CedricCozzolino Bronzwaer, Jan 18, 2019.

1. My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?

My son activated Dual Auth and used his phone as a second factor. He remove the profile, but now to re-connect he needs to approve his dual auth in the app.

We did a password reset request and now need to wait for 30 days for something to happen. First of all, what will happen for us to wait 30 days is not clear to me, and second why even when a code is sent to his email, he can login to a trusted device such as his laptop etc.. can't we get to a point where we can reset the password in an easier fashion? Among all, he is member of my Microsoft family so that could potentially help as a second approver?

30 days is a long time for a 12 years old..

Thanks for your support on this

Cedric

:)

CedricCozzolino Bronzwaer, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

Source: Microsoft Authenticator (beta)

Brink, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Authenticator app for Apple Watch now in public preview

Source: Microsoft Authenticator companion app for Apple Watch now in public preview Enterprise Mobility + Security

Brink, Jan 18, 2019
  4. poit57 Win User

My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?

Microsoft Account authentication

After more research, I have found my answer. It looks like the issue was that Microsoft released a new Microsoft Authenticator app with the features first introduced in Microsoft Authenticator Beta. The new app received a prompt to approve access to my Microsoft
    Account when signing on from a new PC, though I find it strange that the beta app wasn't directly upgraded to the new version of the app.

Microsoft now has three 2 step authentication apps available in the store for Windows 10 Mobile:

• Authenticator - original app from Windows Phone 8
    • Microsoft Authenticator Beta - originally released to Windows 10 users when Windows 10 Mobile was only available on the Windows Insider program.
    • Microsoft Authenticator - the official Windows 10 app no longer in beta

poit57, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app?

1. My son needs to approve authentication on app to log onto the Microsoft Auth app? - Similar Threads - son needs approve

2. Microsoft Auth App Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Auth App Issue: I have installed the Microsoft Authenticator App in my workstation using the Bluestacks software and i configured as well for 2 ways Authentication but still not receiving notification for approval although it works in my phone...
  3. Microsoft Auth App Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Auth App Issue: I have installed the Microsoft Authenticator App in my workstation using the Bluestacks software and i configured as well for 2 ways Authentication but still not receiving notification for approval although it works in my phone...
  4. Microsoft Authenticator App

Microsoft Authenticator App: My computer password must be changed every 90 days. When I change that password does my Microsoft Authenticator App password then become that new password? Do I need to do something on the App to put in the new password? Or is my App password always the same original...
  5. Microsoft Authenticator App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator App: Hello, I was checking my Microsoft Authenticator one day because I needed to sign in to OneDrive. I checked my Apple Watch for the pop-up, and I did not have the section on the bottom that allows you to approve or deny. I checked my app grid to find out that I didn't have...
  6. Microsoft Authenticator App

Microsoft Authenticator App: Hello, I was checking my Microsoft Authenticator one day because I needed to sign in to OneDrive. I checked my Apple Watch for the pop-up, and I did not have the section on the bottom that allows you to approve or deny. I checked my app grid to find out that I didn't have...
  7. Microsoft Authenticator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator app: Hi, I had this app on my old phone and it worked fine. I got a new iphone and it will not work.I have my college email address added to it but when I want to log into emails it asks to be approved and it wont give me the box to approve.I have tried to Sync it but it asked for...
  8. Microsoft needs help designing their 'authenticator' app.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft needs help designing their 'authenticator' app.: I don't even remember why I ever downloaded the app to begin with, and I found no use for it. Yesterday I got a notification from them about setting up the app. They sent me a 2-digit number to reply back with on my phone. Just changing hands holding my phone caused me to...
  9. Microsoft Authenticator App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator App: I use the microsoft authenticator app and accidentally set the app to locked, when I try to unlock it says use biometrics or enter passcode but there isnt anywhere to enter passcode and dont have biometrics in this phone so I cant unlock the app. Any ideas?...
  10. App Microsoft Authenticator

App Microsoft Authenticator: Hello, I'm came from chatting with a technical support on Microsoft, with not result about,.. What happen if you change your phone number using the Microsoft Authenticator App? Well, I know there is a lot of people with the same issue, with the two step verification. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bongo app needs authentication

2. what happen when we click on deny in approve sign in in microsoft autnticator app