Windows 10: My son's PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed - No product Key Found - When we try command...

Discus and support My son's PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed - No product Key Found - When we try command... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It is now saying that no product key can be found and is giving Error 0xC004F213The PC has a watermark saying 'Activate Windows' constantly also.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rebecca Howard, Mar 18, 2023.

1. My son's PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed - No product Key Found - When we try command...

It is now saying that no product key can be found and is giving Error 0xC004F213The PC has a watermark saying 'Activate Windows' constantly also. Please advise as he PC is rehistered in my Microsoft account properly etc

:)

Rebecca Howard, Mar 18, 2023

2. Windows Product Key

A friend of mine has an all-in-one that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. He erased the original OS thinking he could install another version of Windows 8. One thing he encountered, that he didn't expect, the BIOS/UEFI has a password. So, basically he is locked out from installing another OS. His BIOS has the product key nestled inside. Is it possible to find out which version the product key belong to?

GoFigureItOut, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 18, 2023
  4. My son's PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed - No product Key Found - When we try command...

Pre-installed in PC

The preinstalled copy of Windows 10 is normally already installed and running on your computer.

Could you clarify what you mean? Are you referring to the product key?

Windows 10 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (admin)

Enter the following command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Hit Enter

The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click Next to Activate

If you are unable to activate Windows 10 after all the above and you are certain you have the correct edition installed, then please attempt phone activation:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

If you don't have an installation of Windows 10 on your computer, you can download and reinstall it:

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

My son's PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed - No product Key Found - When we try command...

1. My son's PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed - No product Key Found - When we try command... - Similar Threads - son's came pre

2. Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?: I had to reset my 6 month old laptop that was pre loaded with Windows 11 Home and now I’m getting Windows not activated errors.-I tried the activation troubleshooter and it gave an error.-Tried to get the product key through powershell/cmd and both gave an error.-I finally...
  3. Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?: I had to reset my 6 month old laptop that was pre loaded with Windows 11 Home and now I’m getting Windows not activated errors.-I tried the activation troubleshooter and it gave an error.-Tried to get the product key through powershell/cmd and both gave an error.-I finally...
  4. If I reset my pc will my product key be reset since my pc came pre activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I reset my pc will my product key be reset since my pc came pre activated?: Read the above question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-will-my-product-key-be-reset/66036ffd-b8e9-44eb-bcb5-852ecc47f166
  5. If I reset my pc will my product key be reset since my pc came pre activated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I reset my pc will my product key be reset since my pc came pre activated?: Read the above question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-will-my-product-key-be-reset/66036ffd-b8e9-44eb-bcb5-852ecc47f166
  6. If I reset my pc will my product key be reset since my pc came pre activated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My son's PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed - No product Key Found - When we try command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son's PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed - No product Key Found - When we try command...: It is now saying that no product key can be found and is giving Error 0xC004F213The PC has a watermark saying 'Activate Windows' constantly also. Please advise as he PC is rehistered in my Microsoft account properly etc...
  8. My son's PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed - No product Key Found - When we try command...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My son's PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed - No product Key Found - When we try command...: It is now saying that no product key can be found and is giving Error 0xC004F213The PC has a watermark saying 'Activate Windows' constantly also. Please advise as he PC is rehistered in my Microsoft account properly etc...
  9. how to know product key for pre installed windows

how to know product key for pre installed windows: hi.. this is jagadeesh. i brought a new pc through amazon in which the windows was preinstalled. now, i want to know my product key how can i know it??...
  10. How to activate windows 10 that came pre installed on pc

How to activate windows 10 that came pre installed on pc: Good day, I have been trying to activate windows 10 after getting a water mark that says activate windows, however, when i try i keep getting an error, I have read ohow to go about activating windows but none of what I have read has worked for me. I keep getting the same...