Windows 10: My sound control is bugged

Discus and support My sound control is bugged in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer keeps defaulting to my elgado capture card even though it isn't used as an output sound device and I can't get my computer to switch from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Syed Huda, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Syed Huda Win User

My sound control is bugged

My computer keeps defaulting to my elgado capture card even though it isn't used as an output sound device and I can't get my computer to switch from it disabled or exclusivity turned off or on. I missed no steps in getting this done and it's updated recently.

:)

Syed Huda, Dec 2, 2023
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue My sound control is bugged :p

cadaveca, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 sound bug

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2:

No sound in Windows.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 2, 2023
  4. My sound control is bugged

volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

My sound control is bugged

1. My sound control is bugged - Similar Threads - sound control bugged

2. My sound control is bugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound control is bugged: My computer keeps defaulting to my elgado capture card even though it isn't used as an output sound device and I can't get my computer to switch from it disabled or exclusivity turned off or on. I missed no steps in getting this done and it's updated recently....
  3. My sound control is bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    My sound control is bugged: My computer keeps defaulting to my elgado capture card even though it isn't used as an output sound device and I can't get my computer to switch from it disabled or exclusivity turned off or on. I missed no steps in getting this done and it's updated recently....
  4. Sound Bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Bug: Hello everyone.My headset's volume has been changing automatically without any sound settings getting lower. I noticed today that its happening cuz of windows sonic.Whenever i turn it on, sound on Youtube doubles. But after some time, it lowers gradually. When i turn the...
  5. Sound Control Panel Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Control Panel Bug: I recently purchased an M-Audio M-Track Solo audio interface along with a new microphone. In the user manual, it says that in order to use the interface properly, I need to change the bit rate to 24 bit. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug with windows that prevents me...
  6. Sound bugging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound bugging: Hello folks, i hope you can help me with my problem My problem is that in some random moments my sound won't play at all, and when i want to change between my sound devices my sound settings won't load at all, if i click on the speakers icon at the right bottom of my screen...
  7. Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up?: Is my sound bugged or is the card messed up? My sound was working fine then suddenly one day I turned off bluetooth to disconnect from my bluetooth speaker and my laptop’s sound didn’t work, even when plugging in headphones. I restarted and it still didn’t work, and when I...
  8. Brightness Control Bug

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brightness Control Bug: I've been poking at this a month or more now and don't think I'm any closer to figuring out what's causing this very odd problem with windows 10 Standard User profiles on my machine cannot use any brightness controls unless I switch to an admin account first to 'kick start'...
  9. Bugs in brightness control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugs in brightness control: I have Windows 10 on my laptop. For some days ago the screen started to behave strange. Every 15 sec the brightness goes down approx 15% and every 25 sec it goes down approx 75% and then back to 100%. The same over and over again. I can see this at...
  10. Control Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control Sound: I opened a radio station listening to music while browsing and now I can't turn it off. I tried the speakers in upper right corner but that is volume. Thanks 97883