Windows 10: My Sound Device Disappeared

Discus and support My Sound Device Disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Two days ago, I woke up and put my headset on, only to realize that there was no sound. I looked through my sound devices and realized that one was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JianLi_, Mar 18, 2021.

1. JianLi_ Win User

My Sound Device Disappeared

Two days ago, I woke up and put my headset on, only to realize that there was no sound. I looked through my sound devices and realized that one was missing, that was the 'SpeakersRealtek High Definition Audio' device. Now whenever I plug in my headset, is no longer asks me what device I plugged in and I can't hear anything.

My Sound Device Disappeared 54548010-6a51-4a3c-87df-83236a06e2a9?upload=true.png

:)

JianLi_, Mar 18, 2021
  2. redant17 Win User

Disabled motherboard audio device disappears from sound configuration

Win 10 on a Gigabyte Z170X mobo. This board has Creative Soundblaster audio as well as the Intel chipset audio that goes out HDMI cable. Both were working but at some point the system sent some audio to the monitor instead of the Creative device which goes
    to external speakers.

So I selected "disable" on the two Intel audio devices (one for HDMI, one for display miniport). Instead of appearing "disabled" they simply disappeared from the sound configuration list. They remain in the Devices list and are listed as "enabled". But
    since they are no longer listed in the Control Panel sound configuration settings, I can't turn them back on. Rebooting made no difference: still listed as enabled devices, but still not present in Control Panel sound settings.

I'd like to get the Intel devices back so I have the option of using them. Any suggestions please?

Thanks very much.

redant17, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Disabled motherboard audio device disappears from sound configuration

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with enabling and disabling the sound drivers, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps to Update the driver
    and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Under Sound, video and game controller, right click on the driver and click on
      Update the driver software.

• Click on Browse my computer for driver software, click on
      Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

• Follow the Onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 18, 2021
  4. My Sound Device Disappeared

Windows 10 and disappearing sound

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

Since the above steps did not help to fix the issue. I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the sound card and check if it helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Sound, video and game controller”.

• Right click on the device driver and select
      uninstall.

• Once uninstall is done, restart the computer.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

My Sound Device Disappeared

1. My Sound Device Disappeared - Similar Threads - Sound Device Disappeared

2. My system sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system sound disappeared: Hi i was just playing video games but suddenly my laptop sound got completely vanished i didn't delete or manage any drivers and i only update my pc if its necessary, i went to check my sound drivers and everything was okay even troubleshooting said that its okay But my...
  3. My system sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My system sound disappeared: Hi i was just playing video games but suddenly my laptop sound got completely vanished i didn't delete or manage any drivers and i only update my pc if its necessary, i went to check my sound drivers and everything was okay even troubleshooting said that its okay But my...
  4. My system sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management: I have a Mecer A105 LTE. A few days ago after the windows update, my battery icon disappeared. As well as my sound drivers internal speaker completely disappeared. No sound can be played from the device My sound drivers does not even show up under device manager even with...
  6. Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management: I have a Mecer A105 LTE. A few days ago after the windows update, my battery icon disappeared. As well as my sound drivers internal speaker completely disappeared. No sound can be played from the device My sound drivers does not even show up under device manager even with...
  7. Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management

8. Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared: I just installed a new SSD into my computer but now my surround sound soundbar doesn't work. I have my tv hooked to my computer through hdmi. My soundbar hooked to my computer through hdmi. They are both hooked through my 1080ti graphics card. Before today, I could have my...
  9. Sound output device will now randomly disappear

Sound output device will now randomly disappear: At random times (not on startup or anything, just while the computer is on at random times) the default sound output device will disappear, and I notice this happens in the moment because I suddenly have no sound. It gets fixed by going into sound settings, troubleshooting,...
  10. "Speakers" Sound device disappeared

"Speakers" Sound device disappeared: Hi, I installed Windows 10 last week and have been using it with mainly no problems (apart from my DVD/CD drive not working, which I posted a thread here about but haven't received any responses yet *Sad ) When I am visiting my family back home in England I often plug...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Sound output device disappeared but have sound