Windows 10: My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

Discus and support My sound driver or something is completely messed up. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jonathanpecany, May 31, 2022.

1. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't even work.What I tried:- Messed with settings in System Sounds in control panel.2. Switching Bluetooth headphones causes some applications to lose sound.- An example is Among Us. My one bluetooth headphones start to die so I switch to a different one, but my Among Us game completely loses sound. But other applications keep

:)

jonathanpecany, May 31, 2022

2. My Windows Audio is a Mess

Hi there Punchcard, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest for now is to completely remove the Audio drivers listed in the Device Manager. Please make sure you remove all listed under Sound and audio devices.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

And then please see if there are any improvements.

FerdinandNanalig, May 31, 2022
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, May 31, 2022
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 31, 2022
Thema:

My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

1. My sound driver or something is completely messed up. - Similar Threads - sound driver something

2. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  3. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  4. My Brightness and Colours are completely messed up

My Brightness and Colours are completely messed up: So I basically uninstalled my graphics driver, rebooted my computer which then reinstalled my drivers. This then came with some issues. Firstly, the colors on my screen look completely washed out and are very dull things such as the background, chrome,etc. Also, my brightness...
  5. Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up?: Is my sound bugged or is the card messed up? My sound was working fine then suddenly one day I turned off bluetooth to disconnect from my bluetooth speaker and my laptop’s sound didn’t work, even when plugging in headphones. I restarted and it still didn’t work, and when I...
  6. I messed up my drivers

I messed up my drivers: Hello, I've recently bought a new PC (MSI GS65 Stealth) with FreeDOS, so I installed Windows 10 from a USB key (first time I did that). My computer was very fast (9th gen i7, SSD). For example, pressing Windows + E opened the Explorer within 0.1-0.2 second. But when I...
  7. I messed up my drivers

I messed up my drivers: Hello, I've recently bought a new PC MSI GS65 Stealth with FreeDOS, so I installed Windows 10 from a USB key first time I did that. My computer was very fast 9th gen i7, SSD. For example, pressing Windows + E opened the Explorer within 0.1-0.2 second. But when I decided to...
  8. My audio and mic are completely messed up.

My audio and mic are completely messed up.: Okay, so ever since I have gotten this laptop, I have had a problem where at random points, audio from one application would sound like echoy, and just not as good of quality, I don't know exactly explain it. Usually, if it was in a voice call like on Discord, I would just...
  9. My Audio and Microphone are completely mess up.

My Audio and Microphone are completely mess up.: Okay, so ever since I have gotten this laptop, I have had a problem where at random points, audio from one application would sound like echoy, and just not as good of quality, I don't know exactly explain it. Usually, if it was in a voice call like on Discord, I would just...
  10. Something messed up with PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Something messed up with PIN: I had to forcibly reboot my Windows 10 14342 machine today and when it came back fingerprint wasn't working saying there was no PIN set. I had set one, figured I could add it back. I go into Sign in options and it says 'Add a PIN' I click on that and it asks me for my PIN,...