Windows 10: My sound stopped working out of nowhere.

Discus and support My sound stopped working out of nowhere. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My sound has gone kaput on me twice before, but that was after Windows updates. The first time, I just bought new speakers and for maybe 2 months,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ForeignNecessary187, Aug 1, 2020.

1. My sound stopped working out of nowhere.

My sound has gone kaput on me twice before, but that was after Windows updates. The first time, I just bought new speakers and for maybe 2 months, everything was fine. The second time, I just moved the speaker plug to another jack.

But now, this just happened again for no apparent reason. I ran the troubleshooter and it gave me the "Generic Audio Driver" error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, which did not work, then I scanned for an updated driver, which also did not yield any results, and then I manually switched to a different compatible driver. Still nothing.

I then checked to make sure the speakers were set to default, and they were. They are plugged in right also. Next, I tried restarting Remote Procedure Call, Windows Audio, and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder in Services, to no avail.

Then I checked for any available Windows updates, thinking maybe that would be the solution this time. Nope. I tried all the different audio formats, disabled all audio enhancements. Still nothing.

My speaker icon does not show that my speakers are muted and the volume is at 40, so it isn't the speakers themselves.

I resorted to a system restore and restored to a point when my audio worked. Nothing doing.

I'm at my wits end now. I can't think of anything I have not tried.

I'm using a Realtek audio driver.

submitted by /u/ForeignNecessary187
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ForeignNecessary187, Aug 1, 2020

2. No sound out of nowhere

I have a Dell XPS 8930, Windows Ver. 1903 (OS build 18362.720) and all off a sudden there's no audio. The speakers work fine, so it's in the PC. I'm baffled.

My sound stopped working out of nowhere. [​IMG]

engineco16, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Mouse trackpad stopped working out of nowhere

Lately, my mouse trackpad has stopped working out of nowhere. My left clicks do no register but my right clicks do. I can double tap to click but it stops working after I right click at least one time. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the mouse drivers
    and I've run the diagnostics but nothing worked. Any feedback and help for this issue is appreciated

JohnSmithWE, Aug 1, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

My sound stopped working out of nowhere.

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue My sound stopped working out of nowhere. :p

cadaveca, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

My sound stopped working out of nowhere.

1. My sound stopped working out of nowhere. - Similar Threads - sound stopped working

2. Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere: I´ve been having some issues with my Logitech G533´s Wireless Gaming Headset microphone which stops working sometimes, usually after I turn on the PC or when one of it get back on from suspension. The microphone itself if tested in control painel shows response, but when I...
  3. Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere: I´ve been having some issues with my Logitech G533´s Wireless Gaming Headset microphone which stops working sometimes, usually after I turn on the PC or when one of it get back on from suspension. The microphone itself if tested in control painel shows response, but when I...
  4. My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere: This problem has been prevalent for a while but when it happened it was quite sudden. I have a headset that I use to talk to people on discord with and have had no problems until recently where my microphone on my headset all of a sudden stopped working or would be super...
  5. Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere: So... What happened is that I was just on my laptop, hearing music from my Bluetooth speaker, when it stopped. I was confused, of course, so I checked settings to see Bluetooth was "Off" despite me never turning it on. Then, I went and checked the Action Center, to see the...
  6. My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere: Hi everybody,I noticed my windows spotlight stopped working one day and tried to fix this issue to no avail. However, when I create another account on my computer, windows spotlight started working again for this specific account, and not for the main account that I use. I...
  7. Sound quiet out of nowhere on select games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound quiet out of nowhere on select games: Alright so I have been trying to get support on this for nearly 2 weeks, so not to sound beggy but please someone help. Ima keep short and to the point because I have typed this out in 50 different ways at this point. My problem is that on select games (list below of games...
  8. No sound out of nowhere

No sound out of nowhere: I have a Dell XPS 8930, Windows Ver. 1903 (OS build 18362.720) and all off a sudden there's no audio. The speakers work fine, so it's in the PC. I'm baffled. [img] 153212
  9. Media keys stopped working out of nowhere

Media keys stopped working out of nowhere: Out of nowhere my media keys shifted from a normal play/pause key press to a fixed shift+fn+play/pause key press. I normally only had to click on the play/pause button for it to work but it doesn't anymore. After reading several articles about disabling google play music...
  10. Microphone stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone stopped working out of nowhere: So I just got on my laptop and realized that my microphone wasn't working. I tried getting the compatible drivers on Realtek's website but it still wouldnt work. the speaker works perfectly fine, it's just my microphone. I have an Acer Swift 3 i8250u if that helps. Here is...