Windows 10: My sound wasn't working. Followed a YouTube video and uninstalled realtek hd audio driver...

Discus and support My sound wasn't working. Followed a YouTube video and uninstalled realtek hd audio driver... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So my laptop wasn't detecting my mic on my Astro A10s all of a sudden, and everything was working completely normal the day before. So I followed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VentusCortez, Mar 8, 2019.

1. My sound wasn't working. Followed a YouTube video and uninstalled realtek hd audio driver...

So my laptop wasn't detecting my mic on my Astro A10s all of a sudden, and everything was working completely normal the day before. So I followed a YouTube video and did everything the guy did, and I completely removed Realtek from my laptop. How do I get it back? I really need to be able to get my laptop to detect both my headphones and the inline mic because I play with a group of people on discord frequently and I can only use Discord on my laptop. Please help.

:)

VentusCortez, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 8, 2019
  3. JoeBoyka Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile My sound wasn't working. Followed a YouTube video and uninstalled realtek hd audio driver... :)

JoeBoyka, Mar 8, 2019
  4. DooGie Win User

My sound wasn't working. Followed a YouTube video and uninstalled realtek hd audio driver...

Realtek HD Audio Driver Version old post

Hi Almighty1, there was no need to uninstall version 6.0.1.8205. The easiest way is to create a temporary directory, then using either 7-zip or WinRAR unpack the .cab file to the temp directory you have just created. Next open up Device Manager and go to Sound, video and game controllers, double click it and you'll see a list of devices one of which should be Realtek High Definition Audio. Right click on that entry and choose Update driver, select Browse my computer for driver software and select the temp directory which you unpacked the .cab file to. Windows should then find the driver and install it complete with the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

If that fails I would suggest downloading the driver from the Realtek site (link given in Brink's post on the first page of this thread) and run the setup file, this should work fine and you should see the Realtek HD Audio Manager. After that you can just follow the above instructions for installing the .cab file.

DooGie, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

My sound wasn't working. Followed a YouTube video and uninstalled realtek hd audio driver...

1. My sound wasn't working. Followed a YouTube video and uninstalled realtek hd audio driver... - Similar Threads - sound wasn't working

2. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.: I don't like the Realtek drivers. I want them gone from my laptop. Here's what I've tried so far:Uninstall from Device Manager: But the Drivers get automatically re-installed somehow. I don't know why. Am I not allowed to choose my drivers?Remove permissions to the Realtek...
  3. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.: I don't like the Realtek drivers. I want them gone from my laptop. Here's what I've tried so far:Uninstall from Device Manager: But the Drivers get automatically re-installed somehow. I don't know why. Am I not allowed to choose my drivers?Remove permissions to the Realtek...
  4. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek HD Audio Not Working

Realtek HD Audio Not Working: Hello, I am having an issue with Realtek not working on my computer, or better yet not even showing up anywhere in device manager. The only places Realtek pops up is in the task manager under start up and services and in the program files, but I don't believe all the files...
  6. Realtek & HD Audio drivers not found/not working

Realtek & HD Audio drivers not found/not working: Hi. Yesterday, I tried letting the program Driver Booster by iObit update my drivers while I was out walking my dog because everyone I know had recommended it. When I came back and restarted my laptop, I suddenly had no audio. I subsequently spent 9 hours going through...
  7. Realtek HD Audio not WORKING

Realtek HD Audio not WORKING: ok. I have been working on this for about 6 hours. Realtek Drivers will not install. They install but do absolutely nothing. I have tried many different sources thinking I just installed the wrong one. Realtek does not show up in my Device Manager. NONE of my inputs or...
  8. Realtek HD Audio not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio not working: So I was playing GTA 5 and then I shut the flap of my laptop and didn't shut it down but just put it to sleep. After a while, I opened it again and there was no sound. I checked the Playback devices and it only said Speakers(7.1 Surround Sound) and the Realtek audio wasn't...
  9. No realtek HD audio Driver

No realtek HD audio Driver: Hi, my new predator laptop running windows 10 pro doesnt have realtek hd audio, just Realtek audio. i cannot find realtek in my control panel. Even thou my headphones work in this laptop, they are not detected as headphones, just speakers....
  10. Problems reinstalling Realtek HD Audio following uninstall

Problems reinstalling Realtek HD Audio following uninstall: So, I did a major f*ck up last night. I had always been experiencing issues with my audio not being as loud as it used to. When going through the sound properties, I would get a message saying that Realtek Audio was causing issues with Windows and it was disabled. They would...