Windows 10: My sound went out while music was playing, loud grating sound for 2 seconds ...

Discus and support My sound went out while music was playing, loud grating sound for 2 seconds ... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; magicmagic3______________________________ My issue may overlap Godot's. My sound went out while music was playing, from a music site. I was out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by magicmagic3, Mar 16, 2019.

1. My sound went out while music was playing, loud grating sound for 2 seconds ...

magicmagic3______________________________
    My issue may overlap Godot's.

My sound went out while music was playing, from a music site. I was out of the room but heard a loud vibrating, grating sound lasting a second or 2. I discovered I had no sound, tried to play from other sources, other sites, youtube, etc. NADA. I then realized my speaker light was off. I tried resetting, tried different usb ports, etc. NADA. I searched , ran microsoft checks which said my drivers are fine, hardware is fine, everything A-OK. but NADA. I did just about all the moves Godot made.prior to posting his problem here..

I purchased a driver reset that was recommended by PC Mag, and rest 15 drivers. I tried different output devece settings. NOTHING. I shopped around for new speakers, confused, but then thought it would make sense to try headphones. NADA.

I think something had done an update just prior to the initial mess-up. Not sure whether it had been Firefox or Windows 10. That was over a month ago.

TODAY! Oddly, a pop-up suddenly said Windows Media Player did not disconnect properly. - I think that was what it said, and when I followed it it said THIS APPLIES TO WINDOWS 7 !!!. I haven't been using Win7 for 3-4 years. Can an update from Windows have confused my sound system? Switched it back to Win 7? FORGIVE MY IGNORANCE!

Where can I go from here? Dell Inspiron desktop 7 year old comp, in use 6 years, orig used Win 7. Lots of unused potential, because I don't download movies. Music on my computer involves my own music
    only, essentially, plus use of music sites like youtube, etc. - without much downloading.

Does this make any sense? Your help would be very, very much appreciated. -from magicmagic3

:)

magicmagic3, Mar 16, 2019

2. Sound goes loud itself

Hi Sulthan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues with sound while playing music or video, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the pending updates though Windows updates.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates.

Step 2: Run Audio troubleshooter.

To find and fix problems with playing audio.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing audio.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Loud system sounds

Hello.

Problem is that I can't change loudness of the Windows notifications. There is "System sounds" volume mixer, but it doesn't change loudness of Windows tray notifications, and every such notify plays a maximal loud sound! It's annoying.

Владимир Kryvian, Mar 16, 2019
  4. My sound went out while music was playing, loud grating sound for 2 seconds ...

Sound and Music

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the name of the game that you are trying to play?
    2. Do you want to mute the sound of the game while trying to play the music and only want to hear the music and not the game sound?

Please reply us back with the required information.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

My sound went out while music was playing, loud grating sound for 2 seconds ...

1. My sound went out while music was playing, loud grating sound for 2 seconds ... - Similar Threads - sound went while

2. Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs: I Am on Windows 10 64 bit 21H2, build 19044.1706. I have installed sound drivers from my manufacturer's sound card. It was working fine weeks, but all of the sudden I started having issues:I have 2 audio sources, speakers in the back and headphones connected to front panel....
  3. Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs: I Am on Windows 10 64 bit 21H2, build 19044.1706. I have installed sound drivers from my manufacturer's sound card. It was working fine weeks, but all of the sudden I started having issues:I have 2 audio sources, speakers in the back and headphones connected to front panel....
  4. Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer crashes/loud buzzing & sometimes BSOD from playing music/sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes/loud buzzing & sometimes BSOD from playing music/sound: System: Core-i7 5960x @ 3.0 32 GB ddr4 GTX TITAN X Hybrid ASUS x99-deluxe MOBO Logitech z906 5.1Problem: Sound drivers? Sound card? I don't recall changing anything recently but the problem has made my PC unusable with any kind of bass-heavy song/video/noise. If the level of...
  6. Computer crashes/loud buzzing & sometimes BSOD from playing music/sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes/loud buzzing & sometimes BSOD from playing music/sound: System: Core-i7 5960x @ 3.0 32 GB ddr4 GTX TITAN X Hybrid ASUS x99-deluxe MOBO Logitech z906 5.1Problem: Sound drivers? Sound card? I don't recall changing anything recently but the problem has made my PC unusable with any kind of bass-heavy song/video/noise. If the level of...
  7. Sound quieting when loud sounds play.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound quieting when loud sounds play.: I was listening to Spotify while playing a Roblox fps and every time I shot the loud gun, the sound of my music would quiet because after the gunshot stopped it remained quiet for 1 to 2 seconds after. How can I make it so that my music/ youtube video does not quiet when a...
  8. Sound went out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound went out: We just got new computers at work. I was listening to something as I worked and I hit the volume control on the Logitech Wireless K270 keyboard and the sound went completely out, even though all indications are there should be sound coming out. I didn't hit the mute button,...
  9. Loud pop before playing sound

Loud pop before playing sound: I'm having problems with audio. Every time a sound plays, I hear a loud pop. This issue only occurs when I'm using my headphones. I think this is a driver or software issue but I don't know how to fix it. Any help? (I'm using Windows 10 Home v. 1903 on an HP Notebook...
  10. Sound went out while music was playing -LOUD GRATING NOISE FOR 3 SECONDS -desktop,Win10

Sound went out while music was playing -LOUD GRATING NOISE FOR 3 SECONDS -desktop,Win10: My issue may overlap Godot's. My sound went out while music was playing, from a music site. I heard a loud vibrating, grating sound lasting 3 seconds. and I had no sound, tried to play from other sources, other sites, youtube, etc. NADA. I then realized my speaker light...