Windows 10: My sound wont play through my tv since the last windows update

Discus and support My sound wont play through my tv since the last windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Your last update screwed something up in my computer. I did the update then rebooted my computer and the sound stopped playing through my TV but will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimtohyHawe, May 23, 2020.

1. My sound wont play through my tv since the last windows update

Your last update screwed something up in my computer. I did the update then rebooted my computer and the sound stopped playing through my TV but will play through my Headset. how do i fix this. this is the second time this has happened since windows 10 came out.

:)

TimtohyHawe, May 23, 2020

2. Lost Sound to HDMI TV. Not hidden, apparently deleted.

Hi,

This is a common concern when there is an issue with the connection, driver incompatibility, buggy updates, software conflicts and such. For us to determine what's causing this, provide information on the following:

• Is your TV a smart TV?
    • Did your PC recently updated? (Settings > Update & Security > Update history)
    • The type of file that you're playing. (Right click on the file and check properties)
    • Windows Version and OS Build (Settings > System > About)
    • When you said "apparently deleted" are you referring to the audio file?
    • The app that you are using in playing the media.

For now, we suggest isolating the if it's a software or hardware concern.

• Try to play the media in the PC only and check if you can hear the sounds in it.
    • Use the HDMI cable on a different device and see if it's responding.
    • Check the audio file that your TV supports. It might not support certain audio type.

We look forward to your response.

All the best.

Roberto Ven, May 23, 2020
  3. GIL
    gil Win User
    Windows sound not playing after recent Win10 Update

Hi all,

Symptom:
    Since last windows update, windows doesn't play the windows sounds: Startup, UAC sound, exclamation, warning, notifications, etc.

Note: Other sounds, like games, videos, calls are working well.

I use SoundBlaster Z series sound card. Their recent driver update release notes lists that the driver is fixing this issue.

Actions taken:
    Removed the driver completely
    rebooted
    Reinstalled the driver

Results:
    After initial boot and subsequent restarts, the windows sounds play well.
    After a computer shutdown and startup - the above symptom is introduced again, i.e., windows sounds don't play anymore.

I've repeated the steps above and ended up with the same problem.

Can anyone please assist?

Win10 Pro
    Version 1909
    OS Build 18363.657

Thanks.

4. Pavan_N Win User

My sound wont play through my tv since the last windows update

No sound from TV windows 10

Hi Nilesh,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly have you connected your computer to TV * through HDMI cable * Bluetooth * Miracast?
    • Are you able to get sound from TV without connecting computer?

I would suggest you to install all pending Windows and Audio driver updates in your PC and check.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

You may also refer to the below link byAndre De Costa
    for information on how to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Also follow the steps and check if the settings are set right.

• Connect your Computer to the TV and turn everything on
    • Right click on the speaker icon, on the task bar.
    • Choose Playback Devices. (You will need to be connected to your TV first to see it listed here).
    • Click the Properties Button with the TV highlighted in the list
    • Click the "Advanced" tab
    • Here you can set the default format for audio playback.
    Do let us know if you are able to get audio out from TV. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 23, 2020
Thema:

My sound wont play through my tv since the last windows update

1. My sound wont play through my tv since the last windows update - Similar Threads - sound wont play

2. No sound through HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound through HDMI to TV: Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need someone who knows what they are on about to help please,Acer laptop to sharp tv, uninstalled the INTEL R DISPLAY AUDIO etc not...
  3. All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones: I'm not sure when it started nor why but the sound only comes out if I restart my computer and quickly plug in my headphones as soon as the computer opens. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My mom is getting so sick of hearing me play music lol...
  4. cortana wont open since last windows update

in Cortana
    cortana wont open since last windows update: since last update cortana does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-since-last-windows-update/e6bcdf4f-6ff0-4644-b013-4b153a57eb4c
  5. Sound devices disabled since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound devices disabled since last update: Were working now not working and appear to have been disabled and not allowed to be enabled again...Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-devices-disabled-since-last-update/72e585e3-878d-4de6-9db3-d61eb6445262
  6. For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter: Hello.. I searched every where for weeks but I need to ask directly now, what happened to my volume levels? It will show that I selected max volume, but only achieve 1/3 of it, like it is forcing the volume to be lower. The only thing that works is if I turn on OR off windows...
  7. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

No sound coming from my TV through HDMI: The problem I am having is that my JVC TV is not picking any sound at all from my Desktop but if I plug a speaker in the headphone jack, the headphone jack picks the sound but not my JVC TV through HDMI which is what I need. My TV is a JVC with an HDMI port where I connect...
  8. My laptop will not play sound through my headset, and just continues to play through my...

My laptop will not play sound through my headset, and just continues to play through my...: Once I plug my headset into my laptop, it just ignores it. My laptop continues to play through the speaker. On playback devices you cannot find my headset. I've done an update/restart of the laptop and nothing has been fixed. I have tried other earbuds, but the same result....
  9. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...
  10. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...