Windows 10: My sounds for applications do not work.

Discus and support My sounds for applications do not work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My sound for, say a video with sound, like youtube, does not work. It is the case like this for all applications. But when i try to test the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saj123, Mar 24, 2020.

1. saj123 Win User

My sounds for applications do not work.

My sound for, say a video with sound, like youtube, does not work. It is the case like this for all applications. But when i try to test the sound however, it works perfectly fine. I have set the volume for these applications but nothing works. The volume is not muted for these singular applications. The test works fine but everything else does not.
    Windows Version - 1903

:)

saj123, Mar 24, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue My sounds for applications do not work. :p

cadaveca, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. My sounds for applications do not work. - Similar Threads - sounds applications

2. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic is picking up application sounds: my arctis 1 wireless is picking up my application noises when i plug it into the two audio ports in the back of my pc or just in general I have an adaptor for logitech headphones that ive used with other headsets that worked fine but this particular headset plays back all...
  3. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic is picking up application sounds: my arctis 1 wireless is picking up my application noises when i plug it into the two audio ports in the back of my pc or just in general I have an adaptor for logitech headphones that ive used with other headsets that worked fine but this particular headset plays back all...
  4. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.: Hello,Recently I've experienced an issue where the sound from applications takes a while to 'activate' when I'm playing a game. For example when I press my toggle mute button for discord which is running in the background, I dont hear the sound notification of me muting...
  6. Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.

Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.: Hello,Recently I've experienced an issue where the sound from applications takes a while to 'activate' when I'm playing a game. For example when I press my toggle mute button for discord which is running in the background, I dont hear the sound notification of me muting...
  7. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Settings: Recording froze application.: So I was just messing in the Sound Settings a bit, changing my microphone levels. But when I pressed on recording, the Sound Settings Application froze. I can't get it to unfreeze. Restarting didn't help at all. I can't change the volume of my microphone now. Help!...
  8. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

Sound Settings: Recording froze application.: So I was just messing in the Sound Settings a bit, changing my microphone levels. But when I pressed on recording, the Sound Settings Application froze. I can't get it to unfreeze. Restarting didn't help at all. I can't change the volume of my microphone now. Help!...
  9. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings: I know that what i am writing might not be a question but because i could not reply to a question similar to mine , i wanted to be as helpful as possible to the ones that may face the same as problem as i did. First things first the type of screensaver that i am referring to...