Windows 10: My SP SSD failed after the last Window 10 update

Discus and support My SP SSD failed after the last Window 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Once my computer updated, I logged in the Window but it took me much more time to load compared to the past. Sometimes some other functions are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelJewkes, May 18, 2019.

1. My SP SSD failed after the last Window 10 update

Once my computer updated, I logged in the Window but it took me much more time to load compared to the past. Sometimes some other functions are not responsive. What is the fix?

:)

MichaelJewkes, May 18, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

Please note that this can happen if the drivers for the SSD are not updated. It usually happens after a cumulative (major) updates that some drivers needs to be updates. Here is what you can try:

1. Try updating all the drivers (especially SSD drivers). You can do follow the steps provided here:

Update drivers in Windows 10

2. Also update the firmware drivers which can be downloaded from manufacturer’s website.

To improve the system performance, you can always follow the steps provided in the article:
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10.

Regards,

Naresh_K, May 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 18, 2019
  4. My SP SSD failed after the last Window 10 update

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, May 18, 2019
Thema:

My SP SSD failed after the last Window 10 update

1. My SP SSD failed after the last Window 10 update - Similar Threads - SSD failed last

2. Windows 10 corrupted after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 corrupted after last update: I'm normally able to fix any issues after a bad Windows 10 update by looking up fixes online. This last update completely corrupted Windows so that I couldn't even get onto my computer. Ended up taking it to a professional, which cost me $120 to fix. He checked the entire...
  3. Why is my windows 10 laptop sp slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my windows 10 laptop sp slow?: Why is my windows 10 laptop sp slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-10-laptop-sp-slow/134234a0-7089-44e7-ad5f-c4beaa2a9612
  4. The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail.

The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail.: After the recently Window 10 update, my SP SSD failed in the following ways: after logging in the window, it took 4 - 5 minutes to load instead of 2 - 3 seconds in the past before it could properly function. One time, there was even a screen showing my C:/ driver was broken...
  5. No sound after last Windows 10 Update ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after last Windows 10 Update ...: After the last Windows 10 update on my laptop, I have no audio. When I hover over the speaker icon on my taskbar, it says no audio output device is installed. I followed several different instructions on going to the device driver and uninstalling the driver, etc., but...
  6. Creating Image backup fails after last big Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating Image backup fails after last big Windows 10 update: I always make an image backup after each large Windows 10 update. After the last update I am unable to create the image. It starts and then errors out with a message that there is not enough memory on the external drive. It said 130GB was needed and there is 430GB...
  7. After last Windows 10 update my printer will not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After last Windows 10 update my printer will not print: After last Windows 10 update my printer will not print and there is no error message. The printer prints its own report so the printer does print. The documents stay in the queue or say printing but nothing is happening. The printer worked before the last update....
  8. Windows 10 activation failed after last insiders update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation failed after last insiders update: Hello I am a member of the Windows 10 insider program in the fast ring. After the last insider build (18272), my activation license is treated as invalid from window, and as a result I get a message at the corner of my screen asking me to activate windows- more that that,...
  9. SSD boot drive corrupted after Oct 10 failed update

SSD boot drive corrupted after Oct 10 failed update: Yes my ssd boot sector is no longer recognized after Oct 10 2018 failed update. Windows 10 Pro. Samsung 680 evo 500GB will no longer boot. I can use the drive as a storage drive still works like that. It is formatted in dynamic mode sectors and no provisioning (Ack)...
  10. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051