Windows 10: My space bar performs the functions of other keys

Discus and support My space bar performs the functions of other keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi When ever i press my space bar either it acts likr the tab key or when i want to search something in the search bar it opens what ive previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PrinceDiaz, Sep 28, 2019.

1. My space bar performs the functions of other keys

Hi

When ever i press my space bar either it acts likr the tab key or when i want to search something in the search bar it opens what ive previously searched or when i press the space bar in my browser it types the word ". Vm"

While on the on screen keyboard when i press space bar it shows that crtl is being pressed please help i have deleted my keyboard drivers so many times restarted my laptop so many times please i nred help

:)

PrinceDiaz, Sep 28, 2019

2. E72 Space Bar with Function Key acts as Symbol

If my Function Key (bottom left) is pressed once or twice then the Space Bar has same effect as pressing the Symbol Key. So if you have Function pressed twice to enter a series of numbers you cannot put in a space without unsetting the Function Key first.
    Does anyone know if you can fix this?

Thanks

DavidKS---01, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Space..Bar

Hi Regina,

There are different reasons why your space bar and other keys are not responding.
    For us to properly isolate your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• When was the last time that your space bar and other keys were working?
    • Have you made any changes on your machine prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on your machine?
    • What is the build and version of your Windows?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run a
    quick test scan
    first on your computer to check for possible errors.
    You can visit your computer manufacturer’s website to access their
    Diagnostic Tool. The tool will help us determine if the issue has something to do with the hardware or software of
    your computer. If an error is detected, it will automatically fix and recommend other troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Amylove Loy, Sep 28, 2019
  4. My space bar performs the functions of other keys

alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

My space bar performs the functions of other keys

1. My space bar performs the functions of other keys - Similar Threads - space bar performs

2. Function keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function keys: I have the Microsoft bluetooth keyboards and would like to be able to use the function keys like a normal keyboard. How can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/95b2359d-6356-490f-a73a-06783cea15a2
  3. Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work: Hey all, I turned on my PC this afternoon and I was unable to login, as only the space bar, backspace, and enter keys worked. I tried on 3 different keyboards and got the same problem. I can't login to see if there is an issue in settings and I have no idea what to do. Anyone...
  4. function keys

function keys: Hello, my shortcut brightness key does not work. the key is f9 and f10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/5339d25d-37f9-459b-99af-801ddac5f9f7
  5. Function Keys

Function Keys: I accidently pressed a function key with another key (don't know which for sure) and now ALL my text (letters) are in miniature. Since I don't which keys caused this, I don't know which ones will reverse the situation....
  6. Function keys

Function keys: funny story... I was babysitting this little kid. long story short he had a little smashing fest with my computer (as in it was hilarious to him to smash every key on my keyboard with his feet) anyways. now none of the function keys work. I cant adjust my volume with...
  7. Function Keys

Function Keys: Why when I open mobility center does it not show an option to turn off my function keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/1b6d1038-0359-4753-bfe8-72add2480013
  8. space bar

space bar: when I type a word and press the space bar sometimes it does not give me a space. I have to hit the space bar directly in the middle to advance a space. If I press it too far to the right, no space is given. Is there something I can do to fix this?...
  9. The function keys

in Windows 10 Support
    The function keys: I have an HP 15ayoo9dx lap top. The Function keys (or action keys as they call them) can be enabled or disabled by going in the BIOS. I’m trying to decide if I want to disable or enable. What is the difference? Thank you. 71327
  10. Function keys performing the wrong function

in Windows 10 Support
    Function keys performing the wrong function: So my computer works fine, but for some reason the function keys were switched up. When I'm on the desktop, they don't do anything at all, and when I'm in Google Chrome they do things that aren't related to what they're supposed to do. F1 used to mute/unmute, now it opens...