Windows 10: My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly

Discus and support My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Starting today, whenever I press the spacebar outside of a typing area, it causes the page to continuously scroll until I push it again. It also causes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Laura Baldwin, Jul 12, 2019.

1. My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly

Starting today, whenever I press the spacebar outside of a typing area, it causes the page to continuously scroll until I push it again. It also causes videos to instantly finish instead of pausing. I tried closing the web browser and turning the computer off and on again, but nothing seems to fix the problem.

:)

Laura Baldwin, Jul 12, 2019
  2. keakar Win User

new keyboard - spacebar scrolls by itself ???????

i have a new keyboard (NEXXTECH - NKB) i've been using it for a week now and its working great but today i noticed that when im looking at a website and i touch the space bar it automatically fast scrolls to the bottom of the web page. it uses windows drivers which i checked and they say they are up to date.

i never noticed this before but i've been preoccupied with other things and this may have been doing it all along but i never websurfed untill today when i noticed it.

my 5 yr old keyboard didnt do this, is it supposed to scroll to the bottom when i press spacebar?

keakar, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 12, 2019
  4. keakar Win User

My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly

new keyboard - spacebar scrolls by itself ???????

my dads 5yr old dell also scrolls with spacebar so hmmm... but i had a basic $10 memorex keyboard (the 104 key kind) so maybe that was it *Confused My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly :confused:

i spend 2-3 hours a day every day on my computer so i doubt it was just something i never noticed before.

well it doesnt matter now because it went with the computer when i sold it *Stick Out Tongue My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly :p

keakar, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly

1. My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly - Similar Threads - spacebar causes page

2. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  3. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  4. My pages keep scrolling up and down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pages keep scrolling up and down: When I go on any window related apps such as the Microsoft store or within settings, the page immediately scrolls to the bottom or top and won’t let me scroll what so ever. Even when I start up the computer, the time and date on the Lock Screen is going up and down in a...
  5. Windows menus scroll up endlessly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows menus scroll up endlessly: I have a Windows 10 laptop. All Windows menus Start, WiFi, the right-click menu for taskbar icons, etc. just scroll up over and over and over again. I am not able to click anything in these menus. I restarted the computer and it didn't fix anything....
  6. Windows menus scroll up endlessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows menus scroll up endlessly: I have a Windows 10 laptop. All Windows menus Start, WiFi, the right-click menu for taskbar icons, etc. just scroll up over and over and over again. I am not able to click anything in these menus. I restarted the computer and it didn't fix anything....
  7. Windows menus scroll up endlessly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll?: Windows 10 Home 21H1 Ebay has changed the layout of the selling page. I can't scroll when on it. Any idea what could cause this? I've disabled the main extensions that I think could cause such a problem but that hasn't worked. I've now tried Safe Mode and that worked. I have...
  9. endless scrolling 8s after sign-in

in Windows 10 Customization
    endless scrolling 8s after sign-in: Recently my start menu turned into a blank white box and endless 8s began scrolling inside it, also in MSN sign-in box and all search boxes. Eventually got to critical process died message, then to reset etc. screen. No options there worked. So reinstalled Windows 10 with...
  10. Typing causing page scroll down automatically.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing causing page scroll down automatically.: I have a Dell PC, windows 10. There is some problem in all the apps where there is a scroll down available. The moment i press "a" the page automatically scrolls down to the bottom of the page. It happens in MS office, Chrome, IE, any app. When there is no scoll available...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spacebar causes screen to scroll