Windows 10: my spacebar is broken

Discus and support my spacebar is broken in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; every time I press the spacebar it activates caps lock. how do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aidan32423423, Jan 7, 2020.

1. my spacebar is broken

every time I press the spacebar it activates caps lock. how do I fix this?

:)

aidan32423423, Jan 7, 2020
  2. AJRich Win User

Windows Key + Spacebar not working

Kathleen

Tried using SFC as you suggested and it went through all the steps successfully, but Windows key + Spacebar still doesn't work.

Looked at the link you gave and I see that one of the posts with a similar problem was using an HP Pavilion - same as me.

But it was the keyboard shortcut was working till the upgrade.

I've not tried Andre's suggestion yet.

AJRich, Jan 7, 2020
  3. spacebar not working after updates

I have the same problem after the Windows 10 update yesterday. Here's what I did to troubleshoot (to no avail):

• rebooted
    • used canned spray
    • pressed "shift" five times to make sure "sticky keys" was not enabled, it wasn't
    • enabled the OSK (onscreen keyboard) and the spacebar does work on it, just not on my laptop
    • pressed spacebar in several places, held it down,
    None of these "fixes" work. Short of getting a wireless keyboard, does anyone have a solution?

This is very frustrating.

AllyRoberts, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Pipps Win User

my spacebar is broken

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

my spacebar is broken

1. my spacebar is broken - Similar Threads - spacebar broken

2. i cannot use W, spacebar and press 2 at the same time, it doesnt let me until i stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot use W, spacebar and press 2 at the same time, it doesnt let me until i stop...: i recently bought a pc back in august 2023 i never had this problem until recently i couldnt press W, spacebar and 2 until i released my hand from spacebar. this is really annoying me. any idea how to fix this?...
  3. i cannot use W, spacebar and press 2 at the same time, it doesnt let me until i stop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot use W, spacebar and press 2 at the same time, it doesnt let me until i stop...: i recently bought a pc back in august 2023 i never had this problem until recently i couldnt press W, spacebar and 2 until i released my hand from spacebar. this is really annoying me. any idea how to fix this?...
  4. My laptop spacebar is trying to do this:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop spacebar is trying to do this:: I don't really know what is happening, so I'm not really sure if I could give more details. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-spacebar-is-trying-to-do-this/8b15bd35-4881-46fc-9580-b721c2a6f303
  5. My laptop spacebar is trying to do this:

My laptop spacebar is trying to do this:: I don't really know what is happening, so I'm not really sure if I could give more details. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-spacebar-is-trying-to-do-this/8b15bd35-4881-46fc-9580-b721c2a6f303
  6. In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..

In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..: In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working please fix this issue whether it is hardware issue or software issue please confirm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-keyboard-ctrl-and-spacebar-keys-are-not/0981b857-431a-4560-a6a7-9a799ede357a
  7. In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..: In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working please fix this issue whether it is hardware issue or software issue please confirm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-keyboard-ctrl-and-spacebar-keys-are-not/0981b857-431a-4560-a6a7-9a799ede357a
  8. In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...: Hello I wonder if anybody can help me with 2 issues i'm having. Problem one : this has been happening for a while my spacebar, enter, backspace, down and up arrow have not been working! By the way the left and right arrow keys are working but the up and down are not. Also it...
  10. Broken spacebar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken spacebar: Hi, So my Mom got a new computer and I was going to take the old one. It had a bunch of problems with it Unresponsive keys, battery. We took it to the shop and it took about 2 weeks for them to finish fixing it. I just got it yesterday and it seemed to be working fine. The...