Windows 10: My speaker/headset is muted???

Discus and support My speaker/headset is muted??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I unmute? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speakerheadset-is-muted/dd865180-5317-4941-aed8-77a6436055b4 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Firefly510, Feb 22, 2021.

1. My speaker/headset is muted???

How do I unmute?

:)

Firefly510, Feb 22, 2021

2. Turn phone speaker off when headset is plugged into E71

Thanks for the quick reply. Indeed I have the firmware version v200.21.118 and I have seen the Mute option when a call comes up. I immediately tested your suggestion, but it turnes out, it is not what I was looking for, for multiple reasons:

• When pressed, the sound is muted in both the phone speaker as well as in the headset.
    • You need to perform an action before every call to enable the function, which is annoying.
    • There is still sound coming from the phone speaker.
    Maybe I haven't specified my question properly, so to be as clear as possible: is there a way to have all the sound my phone makes (key strokes, ringtones, music) be played through the speakers of the headset
    and at the same time have the phone speaker muted?

maartmeester, Feb 22, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue My speaker/headset is muted??? :p

cadaveca, Feb 22, 2021
  4. singcheng Win User

My speaker/headset is muted???

Headset not working after mute/unmute

If you have the headset plugged in and mute it, it won't work after you unmute regardless if you unplugged and re-plug in the headset.
    No issue with the speaker if you unplugged the headset.
    You may have to adjust the volume to zero and up the volume again for it to work again.

singcheng, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

My speaker/headset is muted???

1. My speaker/headset is muted??? - Similar Threads - speaker headset muted

2. Who muted my speaker endpoint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who muted my speaker endpoint?: How does Windows remember the mute/unmute status of the Speaker endpoint? Is it stored somewhere like mmDevice? If my Speaker is mysteriously muted, not by my action but possibly by some background service, does Windows keep a record of which program caused the mute? How can...
  3. Who muted my speaker endpoint?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who muted my speaker endpoint?: How does Windows remember the mute/unmute status of the Speaker endpoint? Is it stored somewhere like mmDevice? If my Speaker is mysteriously muted, not by my action but possibly by some background service, does Windows keep a record of which program caused the mute? How can...
  4. My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.: Hello everyone, here's my issue.I've used W11 for months now, and didn't have any issues. A few days ago, I changed my drives because they were starting to get old. So I reinstalled W11 on my new SSDs. Everything went fine, except for my audio devices. As you can see on the...
  5. My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.

My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.: Hello everyone, here's my issue.I've used W11 for months now, and didn't have any issues. A few days ago, I changed my drives because they were starting to get old. So I reinstalled W11 on my new SSDs. Everything went fine, except for my audio devices. As you can see on the...
  6. Speaker icon on mute

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker icon on mute: My speaker icon has a red X and speaker setup UNKNOWN and is OFF can't figure out how to turn on! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-on-mute/e9fe8207-57f9-41c4-badd-0dcd907e8134
  7. speakers muting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speakers muting: my speakers quit working on my laptop, which is an HP using realtek audio. I have lost my sound, it is very low and if you put the speakers near your ear you can hardly hear anything. When I try to do things with the speaker settings and try to play something, it may work for...
  8. Speaker is muted in Skype

Speaker is muted in Skype: I cannot hear the other person. The speakers work in all other applications. In trying to troubleshoot this I stumbled on a screen that shows whether the speakers are working in various application. All showed they were except Skype which is grayed out. Solution? 63.778...
  9. My speaker is muted. Help

My speaker is muted. Help: Hi, I have many days with my speakers in mute mode and I don't knew how fix it. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speaker-is-muted-help/60be1102-cb8d-4c70-8507-9da31b30db38
  10. Speaker icon muted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker icon muted: Speaker icon muted at top left corner on microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-muted/d4faa040-1f2f-4dd6-ab39-e1289624f6d0