Windows 10: My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack

Discus and support My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I installed windows 10 on a pc from vista ultimate , and after the installation I didn't have any speaker device but two microphones, I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TepiBoss, Jan 20, 2019.

1. TepiBoss Win User

My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack

So I installed windows 10 on a pc from vista ultimate , and after the installation I didn't have any speaker device but two microphones, I installed the updates to the latest and I don't know what to do

:)

TepiBoss, Jan 20, 2019

2. microphone jack not working

So i finally decide to buy a headset, and i plugged the headphone jack into the audio jack which works,but when it comes to microphone jack it don't work.
    it doesn't show that its a headset on windows 7 audio device, so i thought i'll try my case sound jacks..but i have 2 connectors on the case 1 is AC_97 and another is HD_Audio and i don't know which one i plug into i only have one F_audio connector on my motherboard,is that even the right socket to get my case audio jack to work?
    Someone help me please

kurosagi01, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Microphone jack

Thank you for your reply, but it looks like these instructions would be relevant to a problem with the speakers/audio output, which I don't have. I can't get sound to go INTO my computer via the microphone jack. Are these instructions likely to help
    with that?

Joof Hooten, Jan 20, 2019
  4. My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack

Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Your sound driver may have options to enable/disable jacks based on what's plugged in the front/rear. For instance, my Realtek driver has:

My speaker  jack is recognised as microphone jack [​IMG]

As for removing the broken plug it would depend on how far in it broke and how tight the jack is. I don't have any personal experience but there are a number of suggestions if you Google for "how to remove broken 3.5mm jack."

PolarNettles, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack

1. My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack - Similar Threads - speaker jack recognised

2. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  3. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  4. Audio "Jack Information" for the speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio "Jack Information" for the speakers: Hello ,i have PC speakers 5.1 Creative Inspire T5900. T5900Windows 10, motherboard asus g97m-e.In windows "sound/speakers properties", windows don't recognize them as 5.1 speakersI think it has to be like thisAll 3 wires from the speakers are pluged in PC. Sound is coming...
  5. Microphone jack won't work

Microphone jack won't work: So I'm currently using an earphone for my pc and I plugged it into the headphone jack to listen. But when I tried plugging another earphone in the mic jack, the pc doesn't pick up any sounds at all, both front and rear audio jacks. I tried going to settings and properties of...
  6. Speaker and Jack Information

Speaker and Jack Information: I was playing video games and noticed that my audio was off so when i went into settings and looked under Jack Information, It says that LR is green C sub is orange RL RR is black and LR is green. I have tried updating drivers and nothing has worked, when i go to test the...
  7. my speaker jacks don't work

my speaker jacks don't work: I'm plugged in but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speaker-jacks-dont-work/5f8b0c79-d2d0-4db9-a629-ae1beafd308f
  8. Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack

Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack: Hey All I'm having an issue where when my headphones are unplugged, my speakers labeled "Speakers RealtekR Audio" don't work at all, even though my computer thinks they are completely functional. Plugging in my headphones without changing the device appears to output audio...
  9. Desktop microphone jack

Desktop microphone jack: So I Bought a nice looking desktop microphone from Wish. And shortly after opening it i noticed A problem. It had a headphone jack, every time i plugged it in I got madder and madder because it would not show up in the recording devices. I also could find it in playback...
  10. Speakers not connecting to combo jack

Speakers not connecting to combo jack: So my laptop has only combo jack and when I try to plug in the speakers they don't work and don't even show up as an output device in the sound settings....