Windows 10: My speakers are not listed as a sound output device, how do I make it my default sound...

Discus and support My speakers are not listed as a sound output device, how do I make it my default sound... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This problem all started right after I did this pc reset operation. The funny thing is that after doing this operation it fixed this mail issue problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sir Sal, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Sir Sal Win User

My speakers are not listed as a sound output device, how do I make it my default sound...

This problem all started right after I did this pc reset operation. The funny thing is that after doing this operation it fixed this mail issue problem I had for a very long time but then this current problem is now the issue. When I go to the settings page for sound, I see that my magic jack internet phone handset is the default output device for sound. And when I play back music from Windows Media Player I need to hear it using my phone handset. So how do I get my speakers as the default output device for sound? As I already mentioned my speakers are not even listed as an output device, it's like it got deleted. So I would appreciate some expert help here.

Thanks,

Sir Sal

:)

Sir Sal, Jul 2, 2019

2. No sound playing

Hi LangLan121,

You may need to tell Windows to send the sound to the HDMI output after you have connected the HDMI cable to the device with the speakers.

Try the following steps (the labels may vary between languages and computer brands):

1. Connect the HDMI cable to your computer and to the device with the speakers
    2. Right-click the Volume icon on the taskbar, and then select Sounds or Playback Devices.
    3. The Sound window should open. On the Playback tab, select Speaker/Headphone or Speakers and Headphones, and then click Set Default.
    4. Select the output device connected with the HDMI cable, and then click Set Default.
    5. Right-click the output device connected with the HDMI cable, and then select Show Disconnected Devices. The HDMI cable must be connected when it is configured.
    6. To view all the available sound devices, right-click any device shown in the Sound window and select the Show Disabled Device and Show Disconnected Devices options.

Christopher Miller, Jul 2, 2019
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 2, 2019
  4. My speakers are not listed as a sound output device, how do I make it my default sound...

Windows 10 audio stutters regardless of driver or output used, more noticeable on the toslink and surround sound.

• What device are you using? A laptop or a computer?
    • Its a desktop, i listed the components in the original post.
    • Do you have an external speaker?From which device does the sound come out from? From the TV or from the device?
    • I listed the outputs in the original post. The issue exists on all outputs and exists on the tv speakers, surround sound speakers, and headset.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • I have listed the troubleshooting steps that i can remember in the original post.

robert.r.hood, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

My speakers are not listed as a sound output device, how do I make it my default sound...

1. My speakers are not listed as a sound output device, how do I make it my default sound... - Similar Threads - speakers are listed

2. MY SPEAKERS HAV NO SOUND OUTPUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY SPEAKERS HAV NO SOUND OUTPUT: MY SPEAKERS HAVE NO SOUND https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speakers-hav-no-sound-output/cbf9de7e-aacf-4251-9648-b1023e8f3c66
  3. MY SPEAKERS HAV NO SOUND OUTPUT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY SPEAKERS HAV NO SOUND OUTPUT: MY SPEAKERS HAVE NO SOUND https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speakers-hav-no-sound-output/cbf9de7e-aacf-4251-9648-b1023e8f3c66
  4. MY SPEAKERS HAV NO SOUND OUTPUT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device: Hi,So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on Windows 10, However, since updating to Windows 11, whenever I go to use them they do not appear as a sound output device,...
  6. Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device: Hi,So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on Windows 10, However, since updating to Windows 11, whenever I go to use them they do not appear as a sound output device,...
  7. Cant find sound device in the sound output list

Cant find sound device in the sound output list: Hi!I recently stumbled upon a weird thing with my windows user. I can no longer see my sound device on the "sound output list" or whatever its called. I tried multiple things to solve it like for example going through the control panel and the device manager but i could not...
  8. Cant find sound device in the sound output list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant find sound device in the sound output list: Hi!I recently stumbled upon a weird thing with my windows user. I can no longer see my sound device on the "sound output list" or whatever its called. I tried multiple things to solve it like for example going through the control panel and the device manager but i could not...
  9. Cant find sound device in the sound output list

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. My speaker makes a echoey sound

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My speaker makes a echoey sound: for example when I am typing it echos and I hear it coming out of the speaker please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speaker-makes-a-echoey-sound/0ccc731a-50a2-4203-9218-989879a180b6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones sound output device not listed