Windows 10: my speakers aren't working shows no input device

Discus and support my speakers aren't working shows no input device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my sound speaker has an redx by it, and shows i have no input device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by garydill1, Nov 8, 2020.

1. garydill1 Win User

my speakers aren't working shows no input device

my sound speaker has an redx by it, and shows i have no input device

:)

garydill1, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Larry Win User
    Larry, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

1. my speakers aren't working shows no input device - Similar Threads - speakers aren't working

2. my laptop's built in speakers are not showing up in the list of input output devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop's built in speakers are not showing up in the list of input output devices.: I opened my laptop [windows 11 Dell Inspiron 3501] as usual but noticed that no sound was playing. Then I looked at my taskbar & saw that the speaker icon had a cross over it; I expanded it & saw that it showed I had no speaker connected. But I always just use my laptop's...
  3. my laptop's built in speakers are not showing up in the list of input output devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop's built in speakers are not showing up in the list of input output devices.: I opened my laptop [windows 11 Dell Inspiron 3501] as usual but noticed that no sound was playing. Then I looked at my taskbar & saw that the speaker icon had a cross over it; I expanded it & saw that it showed I had no speaker connected. But I always just use my laptop's...
  4. Microphone not working and showing "No Audio Input Device".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working and showing "No Audio Input Device".: Hello, My name is Veeresh, I have noticed that there was an issue with the Audio Input Driver. Please use the steps below in restoring your microphone functionality. This could help if any other drivers are missing as well.Please open Device Manager.Next click on the Action...
  5. Microphone not working and showing "No Audio Input Device".

Microphone not working and showing "No Audio Input Device".: Hello, My name is Veeresh, I have noticed that there was an issue with the Audio Input Driver. Please use the steps below in restoring your microphone functionality. This could help if any other drivers are missing as well.Please open Device Manager.Next click on the Action...
  6. Some of my speakers aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my speakers aren't working: I noticed lately my laptop audio has been weird and I realized it's because out of the three speakers, only one is working. I'm not sure how to fix it please help. I already tried to troubleshoot and everything. I have the dell inspiron 14 2-n-1...
  7. Some of my speakers aren't working

Some of my speakers aren't working: I noticed lately my laptop audio has been weird and I realized it's because out of the three speakers, only one is working. I'm not sure how to fix it please help. I already tried to troubleshoot and everything. I have the dell inspiron 14 2-n-1...
  8. my speakers aren't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my speakers aren't working: hi my speakers are not working. i can't turn them on. the computer say i don't have no audio device install. how do i install my audio devices, input and out put?...
  9. Input devices not showing audio not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input devices not showing audio not working: My microphone stopped working randomly and after sometime the computer started showing no output device is installed. plz help in this for my work...
  10. Speakers not showing as a device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers not showing as a device: Hi, I've recently re-acquired my speakers from my son which used to work on my computer. I've plugged them back in, checked all the cables are in correctly and updated the drivers for both the AMD High Definition Audio Device and the High Definition Audio Device but I can't...