Windows 10: My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound

Discus and support My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have been roaming around the Microsoft forums and i have not found my problem at all. People have asked this question, and i have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tylerzimmerman1, Dec 20, 2018.

1. My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound

Hi, I have been roaming around the Microsoft forums and i have not found my problem at all.

People have asked this question, and i have done everything they say, and nothing works

I have a Windows 10 Laptop from about 2017 (Still under warranty till 27th of December, 2018)

Please someone help because i cant figure this out :v

:)

tylerzimmerman1, Dec 20, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound :p

cadaveca, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Both Speakers AND Headset playing Sound

Hi,

There are a lot of factors we need to consider that can contribute why both speakers and headset are playing sound at the same time on your device. Please provide us the information below so that we can assist you effectively:

• Can you provide us the screenshot of the Playback and Recording tab on Sound settings?
    • Which one is the primary sound card driver? Is it the Sound Blaster or Intel Integrated sound?

We are looking forward to your response.

Justine Pel, Dec 20, 2018
  4. KShid Win User

My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound

Both Speakers AND Headset playing Sound

Alright, So I have an Alienware gaming laptop, updated to windows 10. The thing is, when I plug my headset into audio jacks on the side of the laptop, I can't stop the speakers from playing audio as well, nor can I stop the laptop's mic from recording. Therefore
    I'm constantly battling echos between the two mics, and managing audio from the speakers and the amplified sound of the headset.

Oh, and my sound card/driver is a Sound Blaster Recon3Di, if that is of any consequence or can help with anything.

I've looked all over and I seem to find one of two universal solutions:

1) "Just simply set the headset as the default audio device under Playback Devices/Recording devices in the Sound tab"

or

2) "Uninstall the sound drivers, restart the computer, and upon bootup it will reinstall appropriate drivers that can differentiate between the headset and speakers."

Unfortunately, neither of these solutions will work, and I'll explain why, separately.

1) When I open up my Sound tab and look under Playback devices, there are ONLY the Speakers. Now disabling this option shuts of sound to both speakers and my headset. There is no separate tab for my headset, none. I assume this is because it is just plugged
    into an 3.5mm jack on the side of my laptop (As i never saw my computer trying to install a driver for every single set of earbuds or whatever I plugged in in the past). There was no driver installation for my gaming headset or anything, just a simple plug-n-play.
    I don't see anything indicating that the headset is separate whatsoever....

2) I did that process, uninstalled the drivers for the Sound Blaster and Intel integrated sound.......upon reboot, It simply reinstalled both drivers (updated), and simply returned to the usual. Nothing had changed.

I hope that SOMEONE can help me, because this juggling sound is driving me mad.

KShid, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound

1. My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound - Similar Threads - Speakers Headset Playing

2. My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.: Hello everyone, here's my issue.I've used W11 for months now, and didn't have any issues. A few days ago, I changed my drives because they were starting to get old. So I reinstalled W11 on my new SSDs. Everything went fine, except for my audio devices. As you can see on the...
  3. My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset is detected as a 7.1 speaker and my speaker is detected as a headset.: Hello everyone, here's my issue.I've used W11 for months now, and didn't have any issues. A few days ago, I changed my drives because they were starting to get old. So I reinstalled W11 on my new SSDs. Everything went fine, except for my audio devices. As you can see on the...
  4. Play sound without Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Play sound without Speaker: why isnt my windows 10 enterprise playing sound on my computer without speakers[Original Title: sound] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-sound-without-speaker/6844fb75-b45d-44ea-9b13-fe30e3cc7dad
  5. Headphones/Headset detected by Windows 10 but playing sound through speakers

Headphones/Headset detected by Windows 10 but playing sound through speakers: Ever since I had to completely reinstall Windows 10 from a security update that essentially locked me from my computer, I noticed just yesterday that whenever I plug my earbuds or gaming headset into my audio jack, the popup asking what I plugged in will appear, and no matter...
  6. Sound Error: The speaker, headset, or headphones is unplugged

Sound Error: The speaker, headset, or headphones is unplugged: My speaker and webcam worked perfectly on Monday until I installed a Windows update at 8:00 PM. After, I lost my audio which included the microphone for my webcam. So both Input and Output is "kaput!" Over the past three days, I have tried the following: Adjusted log-in...
  7. Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset

Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset: Hi, When I tried to use my headset, I plugged it in and no audio is coming from the headset, ive tried restarting updating os and drivers and nothings worked, what do I do in this situation?...
  8. How do I play sound through bluetooth speakers and dongle headset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I play sound through bluetooth speakers and dongle headset?: Hi all. I have the Logitech Z337 Bold Sound Bluetooth Wireless 2.1 Speaker System and I have the HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless Gaming Headset. What I want to do is play the same audio, through both devices at the same time. My use case is that I'd like to play a game (Counter...
  9. Sound won't play out of my headset

Sound won't play out of my headset: I've tried all the guides I could find on this website but nothing works because my computer just doesn't seem to even realize my headset is plugged in. I've tried this with multiple headphones and headsets and my computer shows that the Mic in all of them is connected but...
  10. Popping sounds from speakers or headset

Popping sounds from speakers or headset: Today it just suddenly became popping sound whenever I play a round. From volume control and YouTube and any application. I've tried uninstalling restart then reinstalling driver but to no avail. I doubt it's an hardware issue because even when I plug in or on bluetooth...