Windows 10: My speakers pass all diagnostic tests,test sounds work, but still don't output any sound

Discus and support My speakers pass all diagnostic tests,test sounds work, but still don't output any sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have these speakers Genius SW G2.1 3000 ands they passed all diagnostic windows tests and test sounds worked but they don't work when i try to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ViliusVitkūnas, Jun 14, 2020.

1. My speakers pass all diagnostic tests,test sounds work, but still don't output any sound

I have these speakers Genius SW G2.1 3000 ands they passed all diagnostic windows tests and test sounds worked but they don't work when i try to use them normally! Help would be greatlyt appreciated

:)

ViliusVitkūnas, Jun 14, 2020
  2. silk186 Win User

Setting up two separate audio devices in 'playback devices', passed tone test but no sound.

I have three audio devices connected to my computer:

• HDMI - TV (updated ATI drivers to fix this)
    • Analog (green) - Monitor
    • Analog (black) - speakers

Initially the monitor and speakers played the same output simultaneously. I wanted to be able to switch between outputs in 'play back devices'.

In Realtek HD Audio Manager I changed two settings "Make Front and Rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" and "disable front panel jack detection". Now I have three devices in 'playback devices', TV, Monitor and Speakers.
    The TV and Speakers work correctly, but my monitor doesn't have sound despite passing the tone test. When a video is play, the green bar goes up and down in playback devices but no sound.

silk186, Jun 14, 2020
  3. BE1949 Win User
    Failed to play test tone (Sound stopped working) - The fix that worked for me.

This is actually submitted as a possible fix to the very frustrating issue of suddenly losing your sound.

This loss of sound might be due to a Windows update....

This is my story:

• Roughly 12-14Sep18 - Audio stopped while looking @ YT vids.
    • All vols are fully up.
    • There was a message saying if video (I think) doesn’t start, restart device.
    • The on-screen Volume level METER still adjusted OK with laptop keys – but no sound.

NB: I later found that sound works OK when running in Ubuntu instead of Windows – proving my hardware to be OK.

• In Realtek HD Manager, testing sound was ineffective (the ‘TEST’ button greys when clicked, but nothing more happens – speakers should highlight when a test signal is received & played).
    • In Sound Control Panel, Speakers/Properties/TEST speakers generates an error message

"Failed to play test tone".
    • In Sound Control Panel, no signal is registered from mic.

What I did (NONE of the usual standard replies had any effect on this issue).

1. Troubleshooting gave something like “Cannot access sound device…”

– & “Not fixed”.
    2. Restarted the Service - Windows Audio - no effect
    3. Restarted the Service - Windows Audio Endpoint Builder - no effect
    4. Uninstalled Realtek HD Audio (also ticking box to delete existing driver), then Re-started so that Windows would auto-re-install - no effect
    5. Disabled all Enhancements - no effect
    6. Used sfc /scannow - no issues found.
    7. One suggestion related to settings in

Computer Management/System Tools/Local Users & Groups/Groups

– but Local users & Groups no longer exists in System Tools…. So this option no longer exists.

• Another suggestion I found was to restore the computer to a point prior to the sound failure.

I PERFORMED THIS LAST OPTION AND MY SOUND WAS RESTORED.

This was such a frustrating issue – I hope the above info helps someone.

My restore point was also prior to some Windows updates, so when these are reinstated I might find that my sound fails again - but now I hope to be in a position for a quicker resolution.

BE1949, Jun 14, 2020
  4. bnelson49 Win User

My speakers pass all diagnostic tests,test sounds work, but still don't output any sound

No sound

I have downloaded Windows 10 and I have no sound on my speakers and no sound through headphones. I have run diagnostic tests on the speakers and audio and it says there is no problem. I have tested the drivers and am told they are correct and up to date. After Googling the problem, it seems that this is a problem that many people have encountered. I have tried various solutions that are suggested in various forums but none of them work for me. Any suggestions? Is Microsoft working on this problem in light of so many people complaining of the problem?

bnelson49, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

My speakers pass all diagnostic tests,test sounds work, but still don't output any sound

1. My speakers pass all diagnostic tests,test sounds work, but still don't output any sound - Similar Threads - speakers pass diagnostic

2. Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...: Custom Sound Schemes don't work, and neither does the button that allows you to play Sound playback in the Sound applet in the Control Panel. So I am having a rather annoying issue. it is in the title and there is also an imageSound Schemes just literally don't work and so...
  3. Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...: Custom Sound Schemes don't work, and neither does the button that allows you to play Sound playback in the Sound applet in the Control Panel. So I am having a rather annoying issue. it is in the title and there is also an imageSound Schemes just literally don't work and so...
  4. Can't test or hear sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't test or hear sounds: After a system restore I heard an annoying alert sound of some sort, so decided to change my sound settings. I changed my sounds to None, with designated exceptions. I chose the exceptions by clicking the particular alerts, for which I chose .wav sounds. But the Test buttons...
  5. How to test Surround Sound Speakers on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to test Surround Sound Speakers on Windows 10: [ATTACH]With so many speakers to position properly, if you’re a PC user with multiple […] This article How to test Surround Sound Speakers on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. failed to play test sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    failed to play test sound: about a day ago my pc just stopped sending audio through all of my connected audio devices, i checked the device manager and windows services and all my drivers and services seem to be working fine, but whenever i open my sound control panel and try to play the test sound i...
  7. Test Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Test Sound: I started a test sound on my speakers and now I cannot make it stop playing.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-sound/4fc73092-70e5-4e46-8aab-da0a9012462c
  8. Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch

Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch: I have a new Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers and set-up 2.1 in the sound control panel using 5.1 and unchecking the rear and center speakers. The 2 front speakers test and work perfectly. The subwoofer tests no sound but works perfectly also. Is this a driver issue or should...
  9. Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Troubleshooter Plays Test Sound - No Other Audio Source will Output Sound Though...: I have been without sound for 6 weeks and so have 3 of my employees. I have told them to be patient and that Microsoft is working on an issue while I try every week or so to have my audio on my windows computer turned back on. I finally saw that Windows posted a new update...
  10. Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.

Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.: I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows due to a new hard drive. One of the ongoing problems I've had since then is sound not playing on certain videos. This is Windows 10 on a desktop computer, and I'm using the built-in sound from the motherboard. (I also have an nVidia...