Windows 10: My special characters are not working.

Discus and support My special characters are not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have installed both french and spanish keyboards but somehow it is not possible to do a trema above letters or use the wave spanishn or a single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by navybrew, Mar 5, 2019.

1. navybrew Win User

My special characters are not working.

I have installed both french and spanish keyboards but somehow it is not possible to do a trema above letters or use the wave spanishn or a single accent on an e etc.. I have checked with my on screenkey board and my ctrl are both being registered when used. However, when I try to do a combination of ctrl + ' and then e , I don't get an accent on the letter. I have a Lenovo ideapad 530S and haven't figured out how to fix the problem for over a view months. I hope someone knows how to resolve this. Thanks in advance

I have already tried to update the driver for the keyboard as well.

:)

navybrew, Mar 5, 2019

2. Special characters

I say little wrongly it as fault, its more feature. Normal characters are 7-bit and special characters are 8/16-bit long. So more you use special characters, shorter the message can be.

Message Edited by pankola on 02-Mar-2009 12:57 PM

pankola---01, Mar 5, 2019
  3. LittleJay Win User
    ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

Thanks for this PDF file list of special characters! It will come in very handy, *Thumbs

LittleJay, Mar 5, 2019
  4. My special characters are not working.

E71 croatian special characters

May i know what are teh special characters that your are trying to type on your message editor?

Could you please provide the detailed list or the combination of keys being pressed.?

Thanks in advance

vijayt---01, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

My special characters are not working.

1. My special characters are not working. - Similar Threads - special characters are

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  4. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  6. Keboard Special Characters not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keboard Special Characters not working: I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 windows 10. In that the special characters in the numbersnext row after function keys not working while I use Shift + that key sometimes. The Numbers working fine, But the characters Not....
  7. Alt codes for special characters not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt codes for special characters not working: I have a new Lenovo Yoga 530 with Windows 10. My keyboard doesn't have a numpad on the right hand side. Alt codes for special characters are not working in document apps or any other text input area in a web browser etc. I have done the following but it hasn't worked: 1....
  8. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  9. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  10. Searching for special characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for special characters: Hi all! I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I had a Dell with Windows XP SP3 for ages, and when I made the mistake of updating one of my drivers... Well, it was getting to be time to update... I've a few more grey hairs now. Anyway, in my old machine, when I...