Windows 10: my specs and graphic card help needed

Discus and support my specs and graphic card help needed in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; im using a site called can i run, to check if my pc will play games, im using intel hd graphics, pixel shader 4.1 vortexshader version 4.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mrbearface, Aug 17, 2017.

1. my specs and graphic card help needed

im using a site called can i run, to check if my pc will play games, im using intel hd graphics,
    pixel shader 4.1
    vortexshader version 4.1
    dedicated video ram 32mb,
    is it possible to replace intel hd graphics on my pc to a new video card pref 2gb

also using intel core i5-2400s cpu@ 2.50ghz, is there any webpages that compares processors etc?
    im new to this kind of thing,
    thanks

:)

mrbearface, Aug 17, 2017
  2. Denis54 Win User

Help find if my graphics card is supported

In order to familiarize myself with Windows 10 I have installed it in my old PC. Everything works fine except it does not seem to recognize my graphics card.

Windows 10 requirements state that the graphics card needs to support DirectX9 with WDDM 1.0 driver.

Specs for my Radeon X1950 Pro states that it supports DirectX 9 but I cannot find if it supports WDDM 1.0. Can you help me?

Denis54, Aug 17, 2017
  3. i cannot run batman arkham asylum on my windows 10 laptop please help

my ppc specs are as follows

cpu: intel i5

cpu speed:2.20ghz

graphic card:4gb nvidia geforce 940m

ram : 8gb

hdd:1tb

please help

phanish chandravemula, Aug 17, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

my specs and graphic card help needed

Hi there, mrbearface. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

You list a Dell. Which model is it? If a tower, does it have an expandable video slot?

Not sure what you mean by comparing GPUs. Do you mean in speed?

Tony K, Aug 17, 2017
  5. hi thanks for reply, again im new to this so im unsure if i made sense,
    i have a pc tower by dell but not bought direct from dell, its a custom build tower, as for the expandable video im not sure what that is, i have a hp envy 360 laptop and managed to run a few games quite well (cossacks 3, sims 4, sim city) the specs on laptop are...
    make + model.... HP envy x360 convertablie 15-bq0xx
    Processor: AMD A12-9720P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G 57th percentile Graphics card: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics RAM 8gb..
    so im trying to compare this tower to my laptop as im wanting to play the same games on the tower, specs for tower.......
    processor.. intel core i5-2400S CPU@ 2.50GHz
    9th generation, core i5 2nd gen
    cores 4
    graphics.... intel HD graphics , memory 32mb, direct x 10.1,
    would i only need a better graphics card to be able to play the same games my laptop does or do i need to upgrade anything else?
    thanks

mrbearface, Aug 17, 2017
  6. bobkn Win User
    Some details on your CPU:

https://ark.intel.com/products/52208...up-to-3_30-GHz

I'd expect the graphics in the laptop to be better than the old Intel graphics.

If you're interested in upgrading the desktop's graphics, the important questions are: does it have a PCI-E X16 slot? (Probably yes.) What is the capacity of its power supply? (300W is usually the minimum specified for add-in graphics cards.)

There is free software to tell you about things like your motherboard:

Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!

but no software that I know of can tell you much about your power supply. Usually there's a plaque on the PSU that gives some of its specs. Depending on how the PSU is mounted, you may be able to read that if you open the PC's case. (If it was unchanged from the original Dell PSU, you can get the information from Dell using the service code.)

It may not be worthwhile to spend much money updating such an old PC (2011 CPU).

bobkn, Aug 17, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    You're welcome. Yes you made sense. You want your tower to play games. I'm not a gamer, so I don't know what they demand. I can have a friend look in here that does to advise.

So far as obtaining system specs. I don't know about Speccy for I don't use it, but I know Belarc Advisor gives great details, especially the MoBo that we need for the PCI slot and type as bobkn points out: Products: Belarc Advisor

Great advice from bobkn. You may have to open the case to get specs on the PSU. Make sure you unplug it and hold the power button down to release static electricity. Read your manual about and before doing so.

Post your results. In the mean time I'll contact my friend, but he may not answer for awhile. Someone else may chime in as well.

Tony K, Aug 17, 2017
  8. Dude Win User

Which games are you trying to play?

9. If the original motherboard that shipped in that case, is still inside, get the Service Tag Number off of the sticker on the case and enter it here, http://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/...drivers&~ck=mn That will get you your exact model and what it shipped with from the factory. You can then download the manual. Then compare that to what is inside the case. Namely the model number on the motherboard. While you have the side cover off, maybe take a picture and post it here. The Service Tag Number is also stored in the BIOS.

alphanumeric, Aug 20, 2017
  10. You can game with a GT 1030 with that system, if you're really tight on the budget.

RoasterMen, Aug 22, 2017
  11. Before you go out and buy a Video card, check your current hardware. Namely, do you have the right expansion slot on the motherboard? And, depending on the video card you buy, do you have the required wattage power supply with the required plug/cable for the video card if it requires one? Some of these OEM systems can be pretty limited expansion wise, especially any labelled as small form factor. Some require low profile cards, which limits you in what can be plugged into the case.

alphanumeric, Aug 22, 2017
  12. swarfega Win User
    You also need to check the power supply's wattage.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. my specs and graphic card help needed - Similar Threads - specs graphic card

2. I need help with my Nvidia graphics card NOT DETECTED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with my Nvidia graphics card NOT DETECTED: Please help me my Asus Tuf Gaming F15 is not detecting my nvidia rtx 3060Not showing in device managerTried to reset pcTried to install latest driverTried to check it on Uefi/BiosTried to launch Geforce Experience appTried to launch Nvidia Control PanelTried to show hidden...
  3. Graphic card need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphic card need help: My computer has a GeForce GTX 960 in but my pc only loads on when it is on Microsoft basic display adapter , and when I try download driver update my screen just goes black and help? I’ve been trying to fix it for so long, it’s annoying submitted by /u/OwenJxcob [link]...
  4. Graphics Card Help

Graphics Card Help: I recently fixed my laptop, and once I booted everything up, I decided to update everything. However I got a flickering issue so I disabled my graphics card and the problem was fixed. However, now everything on my laptop runs slower, yet if I update the graphics card, my...
  5. I need help with a problem with my AMD graphic card

I need help with a problem with my AMD graphic card: Hello everyone. Processor Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell 3,40Ghz Socket 1150 LGA Mainboard: Asustek computers, H81M-K Memory: DDR3,16G GPU:Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 380 DDR5, 4G OS: Windows 10 About 2 days ago All started suddenly with a total freez of my PC while I...
  6. I need help with graphics card and cpu prioritization

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need help with graphics card and cpu prioritization: So apparently, I didn't have Intel Graphics driver installed, but now it automatically downloaded on my computer after switching monitors. Now when I try and load up a game, it uses my CPU for rendering the game and not my GPU. It makes the game very slow and I assume that...
  7. Need help reinstalling AMD graphic card.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help reinstalling AMD graphic card.: Hi guys, I use Windows 10. I accidentally uninstalled my AMD Radeon R5 M335 Graphic Card from my Dell Inspiron. I went to Device Manager -> Computer ->double click on the AMD Radeon card -> uninstalled. Is there any way I can reinstall? Did the graphic card just popped out...
  8. Need Help Picking Graphics Card

Need Help Picking Graphics Card: I got a new PC, in a sense. The Acer I took to be fixed had died and he built me a PC using a Advent Windows 10 Tower. Long story short, it's a Advent Tower, Dell Monitor, Acer Keyboard and Mouse. To avoid my new PC dying , I need to get a graphics card so I can game. And...
  9. Need help finding a graphics card

Need help finding a graphics card: So I have been using the video card that came stock on my motherboard (the motherboard is the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3) and It is fine but a little laggy. I need a Video card that could handle these games at good settings Minecraft, Roblox, Spore, Sims 3 (EPs I have is...
  10. Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.

Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.: Hey, I'm having a bit of an Issue, out of the blue, I'm unable to SLI my 780Ti's (Driver 355.82). The cards themselves are detected in Device Manager at the same time, but one always has this error doesn't matter which one it is) when they are both plugged in (SLI bridged or...