Windows 10: My Spotify stutters whenever I view another website

Discus and support My Spotify stutters whenever I view another website in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Spotify plays perfectly when I'm in the Spotify tab, but when I want to still hear Spotify while viewing Facebook, it stutters.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scrumps#, Feb 14, 2019.

1. scrumps# Win User

My Spotify stutters whenever I view another website

Spotify plays perfectly when I'm in the Spotify tab, but when I want to still hear Spotify while viewing Facebook, it stutters.

:)

scrumps#, Feb 14, 2019

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Unable to view or download videos from websites

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you.

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

• Did you make any specific hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular website?
    Internet Explorer 11 comes with the latest version of flash player pre-installed. So, the issue may rest with the particular page having compatibility issues with the Internet Explorer or there may be an issue with the flash
    player configuration settings in Internet Explorer. Hence, I would suggest you to try the following diagnostic steps to get started in the correct direction and check if the issue persists:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try opening the page in the compatibility view and check if you are able to view the video.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11If Method 1 does not resolve the issue, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Try the additional steps provided in the following link.

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Method 3:

As slightly mentioned in the Method 2, make sure that the necessary add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Tap or click the Tools button
    • In the Currently loaded add-ons list, click Run without Permissions.
    • Look for the following add-ons in the list that's displayed. If any of these add-ons are listed, make sure the Status for each is listed as Enabled.
    • Shockwave Active X Control
    • Shockwave Flash Object
    • Java Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • QuickTime Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • Windows Media Player
    Having done the above steps, check if the websites are functioning properly.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Feb 14, 2019
  4. My Spotify stutters whenever I view another website

Spotify installation

I tried to uninstall the app, but when I went on the start list to uninstall it, it didn't appear. I tried going via the app store, but it isn't in my apps, and when I go on the actual Spotify page on the app store, it doesn't let me install or uninstall
    it. It just gives me the option to 'view', but when I click on view, it just takes me to the start list. It only happens for this app, none of the others.

AlissiaHenson, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

My Spotify stutters whenever I view another website

1. My Spotify stutters whenever I view another website - Similar Threads - Spotify stutters whenever

2. I can't view my screenshots whenever I click on the file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't view my screenshots whenever I click on the file.: Every single photos on my computer cannot be viewed whatsoever. Whenever I click on one of the images, it is simply a black image. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. I can't view my screenshots whenever I click on the file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't view my screenshots whenever I click on the file.: Every single photos on my computer cannot be viewed whatsoever. Whenever I click on one of the images, it is simply a black image. Is there a way to fix this?...
  4. My Bluetooth audio keeps stuttering but whenever I disconnect my ethernet cable it stop...

My Bluetooth audio keeps stuttering but whenever I disconnect my ethernet cable it stop...: I've tried more than one Bluetooth device both stutter.Windows 11.XPS 15 9500 if needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-audio-keeps-stuttering-but-whenever-i/b0916967-5a21-43ed-a586-ea078d9f4cc3
  5. I updated my windows 10 then after that my PC started stuttering at startup. Whenever I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I updated my windows 10 then after that my PC started stuttering at startup. Whenever I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Derppynugget [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mkh70s/i_updated_my_windows_10_then_after_that_my_pc/
  6. Microphone in use by another website

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone in use by another website: "Microphone in use by another website" Keep getting this error when trying to use mic. No other websites or browsers open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-in-use-by-another-website/1972981f-1568-4e06-ba43-ee2b5ce6d97d
  7. my laptop is going to some website whenever i start my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my laptop is going to some website whenever i start my laptop: when i switch on or restart my laptop it goes to some other website so I deleted my browser mozilla firefox and all the cookies in it now when I start my laptop it asks me to open this in which application that application selection window appears and then disappears...
  8. Website viewing problems.

in Browsers and Email
    Website viewing problems.: Occasionally when in a website, I click for the next page and the window goes black and the tab shows something like "search (1 x 1)". It varies but there is always the (1 x 1). It looks like there maybe a single pixel in the centre of the screen which is presumably the 1 x...
  9. website viewing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    website viewing: When I open some websites the upper portion takes up almost all available screen space.Then if I wish to go to a section or click on a subject it opens but it opens in only about 1 inch of screen. It is a Toshiba satellite laptop,Windows 10....
  10. HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website?

HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website?: HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-view-the-actual-threads-on-this-yet/35f648e2-52b1-40fd-8efe-fab0aca27636