Windows 10: My SSD and my HDD

Discus and support My SSD and my HDD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Caleb_Tech, Apr 4, 2022.

1. My SSD and my HDD

I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below

:)

Caleb_Tech, Apr 4, 2022

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Apr 4, 2022
  3. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Apr 4, 2022
  4. BulldogXX Win User

My SSD and my HDD

HDD to SSD

I don't understand why you changed the boot order in your BIOS.

When you image or clone an HDD, and restore the image or clone to an SSD, you've got an identical copy of your computer on a different hard drive. Nothing has changed, really. So the next step is to remove the HDD from your computer and replace it with the
    SSD, then carry on as normal.

BulldogXX, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

My SSD and my HDD

1. My SSD and my HDD - Similar Threads - SSD HDD

2. Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...: So currently my pc has 1 NVME m.2 plugged onto the Motherboard, and one SSD, and one HDD. And they work fine, knock on wood. But I needed some more space so I added a new SSD, it worked fine for a few days then randomly went raw, it asked me to reformat the drive to gain...
  3. Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...: So currently my pc has 1 NVME m.2 plugged onto the Motherboard, and one SSD, and one HDD. And they work fine, knock on wood. But I needed some more space so I added a new SSD, it worked fine for a few days then randomly went raw, it asked me to reformat the drive to gain...
  4. Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD: Hi, I am trying to upgrade my sons system to an SSD from a HDD. I need to Migrate from 2TB HDD almost full to 256GB SSD while keeping settings and installed apps I can relocate the paths of most of his installed data, steams games, to the old drive once the new drive has the...
  6. Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD

Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD: Hi, I am trying to upgrade my sons system to an SSD from a HDD. I need to Migrate from 2TB HDD almost full to 256GB SSD while keeping settings and installed apps I can relocate the paths of most of his installed data, steams games, to the old drive once the new drive has the...
  7. Getting Serial numbers of installed Physical SSD's and HDD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Serial numbers of installed Physical SSD's and HDD's: Technical Level: BasicObjective: 1. Getting the serial numbers of Installed Physical Disks like Solid State Drives and Hard Disk Drives.Steps:Execute Powershell application with admin rights. Type below command,Get-PhysicalDisk -VerboseGet-PhysicalDisk -Verbose >>...
  8. Getting Serial numbers of installed Physical SSD's and HDD's

Getting Serial numbers of installed Physical SSD's and HDD's: Technical Level: BasicObjective: 1. Getting the serial numbers of Installed Physical Disks like Solid State Drives and Hard Disk Drives.Steps:Execute Powershell application with admin rights. Type below command,Get-PhysicalDisk -VerboseGet-PhysicalDisk -Verbose >>...
  9. Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!: Hello,FUTURE REFERENCE MATERIAL:BIOS SETTINGSUEFI → ENABLEDSECURED BOOT → EnabledFIRMWARE TPM → EnabledUEFI: Firmware Capsule Updates → EnabledWINDOWS SMM SECURITY MITIGATIONS → EnabledI was trying to clone a working bootable functioning 1TB HDD to a 500GB SSD using...
  10. Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!

Cloned Windows10 1TB HDD to 500GB SSD - Ran CHKDSK and both hard drives won't start now!: Hello,FUTURE REFERENCE MATERIAL:BIOS SETTINGSUEFI → ENABLEDSECURED BOOT → EnabledFIRMWARE TPM → EnabledUEFI: Firmware Capsule Updates → EnabledWINDOWS SMM SECURITY MITIGATIONS → EnabledI was trying to clone a working bootable functioning 1TB HDD to a 500GB SSD using...