Windows 10: my ssd c drive is getting full

Discus and support my ssd c drive is getting full in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my ssd c drive is getting full, I added a new ssd drive and want to add that drive to c drive to make c drive bigger. The extend drive in c is greyed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LoriCline1, Nov 12, 2020.

1. my ssd c drive is getting full

my ssd c drive is getting full, I added a new ssd drive and want to add that drive to c drive to make c drive bigger. The extend drive in c is greyed out, and im not sure how to go about doing what I want. I have disk management, i also have EaseUS Partition software installed and AOMEI Partition Assistant installed, but they are confusing to me. Can anyone give me steps to extend my c drive by adding the new drive.

I do not want to lose any data if possible and if I use raid 0 stripe, will I lose my data.

I have moved everything possible from c to other drives, and anything that I did not want deleted also.

Can I shrink C drive then will the greyed out extend drive show up, any steps to help me please.

thank you

:)

LoriCline1, Nov 12, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Clintlgm Win User
    Installing an SSD drive on my desktop to use as the C bootup drive

What are you talking about, I have Samsung 830 for 5 years and its still running great there is no issue with NTFS and SSD

To the OP all you have to do is use Macrium Reflect to clone your disk to your SSD you'll have to option to shrink your C partition before you start the actual clone check out this video
    it walks you through step by step

Clintlgm, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Jacee Win User

my ssd c drive is getting full

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

my ssd c drive is getting full

1. my ssd c drive is getting full - Similar Threads - ssd drive getting

2. C drive is getting full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive is getting full: Hi Team,C drive is getting full without any files in it plz help to resolve the issueWindows 10.. C :/ Drive automatically full why.. Even if I free some Space again and again.. Best reason and Solution expected......
  3. C drive is getting full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is getting full: Hi Team,C drive is getting full without any files in it plz help to resolve the issueWindows 10.. C :/ Drive automatically full why.. Even if I free some Space again and again.. Best reason and Solution expected......
  4. C drive is getting full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD C drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty.What to do?Thank You....
  6. SSD C drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty.What to do?Thank You....
  7. C Drive is Getting Full Automatically.

C Drive is Getting Full Automatically.: Hello. Suddenly my PC's C drive is getting full automatically. When I start my PC it shows 78 GB free and then it's starts to slowly fill up and then storage sense notification comes up saying only 7 GB space is left. The bootup and shut down has become significantly slow. I...
  8. C Drive Getting Full for no reason

C Drive Getting Full for no reason: My C drive keeps getting full. Only around 45 MB is free out of 228 GB. The biggest folder I have in there is Windows 10 with around 3 GB. There are no large hidden files. I check the Windows/Logs/CBS. It is only around 150 MB. I removed all downloads, temporary files,...
  9. SSD C drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty. What to do? Thank You....
  10. Drive C getting Full automatically

Drive C getting Full automatically: i've noticed that my C Drive (which windows is installed on it) gets filled every minute automatically without me downloading or doing anything let me explain a situation so you can understand exactly what i mean : i don't turn off my PC because i work with it almost 18 hours...