Windows 10: My SSD (C drive) keeps filling up

Discus and support My SSD (C drive) keeps filling up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It seems after a bunch of messing around with install settings that things still want to download on my little 120gb SSD instead of the bigger HDD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/abusivecat, Jun 28, 2020.

1. My SSD (C drive) keeps filling up

It seems after a bunch of messing around with install settings that things still want to download on my little 120gb SSD instead of the bigger HDD. It’s saying I have 1.72gb available at the moment but after installing something it will fill up completely but when I check to see what’s on the drive the new file isn’t there.

When I check the storage settings it says apps and games are using 77gb of storage. When I look at the list my biggest app is Lightroom which is 2.2gb of storage. There’s no way I’m at 77gb for apps and games.

In “change where new content is saved” my HDD is selected for everything. On Firefox I have my HDD listed as where new things are to be installed and I get a pop up asking me where I want to install things. I seriously don’t know why the C drive is doing this. Like I said, the storage is filling up but the files are nowhere to be found on the C drive after the install.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/abusivecat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/abusivecat, Jun 28, 2020

2. SSD keeps filling up

Hey Carlos

So i just did reinstall my windows operating system, through windows it self. And before i did it, the problem wasn't there.

And by slowly filling up, i mean that over time the SSD (or c drive) is being filled up with files. But when i look in the c drive, nothing has changed. And yes i have done so i can see all the hidden folders. Its a 120gb SSD and the windows installation
    fills up around 30-40gbit, so the rest is free space. It is slowly filling up the ~80gb up over 4-5 hours. Then when i restart the pc is back to the ~80gb of free space and slowly fills up again.

MikkelFriis, Jun 28, 2020
  3. C drive keeps Filling UP

My C drive keeps filling up. I have tried all options of removing temp data . I have been looking for a solution all week. Please help!

AbhinavShankar, Jun 28, 2020
  4. My SSD (C drive) keeps filling up

RickFran84, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

My SSD (C drive) keeps filling up

1. My SSD (C drive) keeps filling up - Similar Threads - SSD drive keeps

2. C Drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive keeps filling up: my c drive keeps filling up all the time. maybe 4 days ago my disk space was very low about 30-40gb so i deleted some games. then i had 80gb of free space but suddenly the next day i go onto my computer and i only have 35gb left. now that i check my c drive it keeps filling...
  3. C Drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive keeps filling up: my c drive keeps filling up all the time. maybe 4 days ago my disk space was very low about 30-40gb so i deleted some games. then i had 80gb of free space but suddenly the next day i go onto my computer and i only have 35gb left. now that i check my c drive it keeps filling...
  4. C Drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD C: drive filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD C: drive filling up for no reason: I restarted my computer and had 30 gigs free, I then turned it off and and turned it on the next day, and it only had 8 gigs left. What is going on? I have ran disk cleanup, cleared temp folder, everything is updated, and am currently running a full scan with malwarebytes....
  6. SSD C:\ drive keeps filling up

SSD C:\ drive keeps filling up: I'm running Windows 10 and my C drive will randomly fill up suddenly. It will go from having 30+ GB free to only 6-10. I'll use disk cleanup but find less than a GB available to delete. Yet a few days later it'll go back to having 30+ GB free again. I installed TreeSize and...
  7. C drive keeps filling up

C drive keeps filling up: Hi i need help fixing an issue on my c drive. It keeps filling up even when i delete stuff, i can literally my space filling up on storage settings. For now i have looked online to see how to fix it but i just cant find where everything is being stored. I have tried to...
  8. My C drive keep filling up for no reason :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My C drive keep filling up for no reason :: Few days ago after I updated windows to 20h2 version, I noticed my C drive is filling up for no reason. I have scanned my PC via AVG anti-virus and Malwarebytes but all is good and clean. I ran CCleaner as well to get ride of junk files and have deleted %temp% files but still...
  9. C drive keeps filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive keeps filling up for no reason: Hello there, my C Drive keeps filling up for no reason, free space on it is dangerously low and I don't know what to do. I've cleared all %temp% and temp files and it still is low on space. somebody please help me with this asap submitted by /u/killmonger2367 [link]...
  10. Local C drive keep filling up!!!???

Local C drive keep filling up!!!???: Hello Microsoft Community, This is my first post on the community page and I'm sure its been asked before, but I seem to keep running out of disk space on my c: drive and its driving me absolutely crazy having to try and clean it on a daily basis to only get a gb or 2 to...