Windows 10: My SSD connection turn off and on through USB !!

Discus and support My SSD connection turn off and on through USB !! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running surface scan or my SSD that is connected through USB 2 port but always after like 30 minutes the drive suddenly turn off (disappear from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by William40, Mar 30, 2019.

1. William40 Win User

My SSD connection turn off and on through USB !!

I am running surface scan or my SSD that is connected through USB 2 port but always after like 30 minutes the drive suddenly turn off (disappear from my computer) then turn on again and keep looping . I already unchecked to allow turn off to all USB ports in device manager, power management tab so what I whould do to make it keep running ?

:)

William40, Mar 30, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 30, 2019
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Mar 30, 2019
  4. My SSD connection turn off and on through USB !!

External SSD drive Not configured correctly as a USB Mass Storage Device.

Hi,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you tried to use the SSD on another computer to check if the same thing happens?
    • Is your SSD USB 2.0 or 3.0?
    • Do you have other similar SSDs with the same connection type that show up differently when you connect them?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you install the chip set driver from your device's manufacturer to check if the issue persists. You may refer to this
    link to find out how to get in touch directly with your device's manufacturer.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

My SSD connection turn off and on through USB !!

1. My SSD connection turn off and on through USB !! - Similar Threads - SSD connection turn

2. Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off: On a multi-monitor setup, if a monitor is connected via a DisplayPort cable and that monitor is physically turned off, Windows thinks that the monitor has been disconnected and therefore moves all windows and desktop icons to another monitor. This annoying behavior is...
  3. Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off: On a multi-monitor setup, if a monitor is connected via a DisplayPort cable and that monitor is physically turned off, Windows thinks that the monitor has been disconnected and therefore moves all windows and desktop icons to another monitor. This annoying behavior is...
  4. Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My MX500 250gb sata ssd is not being detected by Windows through a sata to USB connecter

My MX500 250gb sata ssd is not being detected by Windows through a sata to USB connecter: I just got my SSD today and I encountered this problem. Thing is, Windows detects the sata to usb connector fine, but the SSD doesn't show up at all, in both file explorer or device manager. Thanks....
  6. Can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot through usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot through usb: I can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot using usb. I have WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular date and the sharing option on. I tried with both the traditional usb and usb c. The PC detects my phone and asks me what to do with it but it doesn’t detect my hotspot. This is a fresh build...
  7. USB ports will not turn off

USB ports will not turn off: I had this happen before on another build, but was able to fix the problem. This time, on a new build, I cannot get the usb ports to shut down when shutting off the PC. I have tried every suggestion I could find including disable fast startup, disabling selective USB...
  8. Cant turn computer off and on without a usb connected

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant turn computer off and on without a usb connected: I have a lenovo yoga - 910 that wont turn off or on without my bootable usb (with a windows 10 iso file on) connected. It occured after I tried to turn off my computer and it would keep restarting a split second after turn off. I then did a force shutdown and then got a...
  9. My SSD connection turon off and on through USB !!

in Windows 10 Support
    My SSD connection turon off and on through USB !!: I am running surface scan or my SSD that is connected through USB 2 port but always after like 30 minutes the drive suddenly turn off (disappear from my computer) then turn on again . I already unchecked to allow turn off to all USB ports in device manager, power management...
  10. switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off

switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off: OK, with installing the new OS old issues come back to life. Here goes the question: can one have a physical switch somewhere on the PC case that can turn a single drive (HDD or SSD) on and off? I did search the internet before posting and several solutions exist, but...