Windows 10: My SSD connection turon off and on through USB !!

Discus and support My SSD connection turon off and on through USB !! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running surface scan or my SSD that is connected through USB 2 port but always after like 30 minutes the drive suddenly turn off (disappear from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William40, Mar 30, 2019.

1. William40 Win User

My SSD connection turon off and on through USB !!

I am running surface scan or my SSD that is connected through USB 2 port but always after like 30 minutes the drive suddenly turn off (disappear from my computer) then turn on again . I already unchecked to allow turn off to all USB ports in device manager, power management tab so what I whould do to make keep running ?

:)

William40, Mar 30, 2019

2. External SSD drive Not configured correctly as a USB Mass Storage Device.

Hi,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you tried to use the SSD on another computer to check if the same thing happens?
    • Is your SSD USB 2.0 or 3.0?
    • Do you have other similar SSDs with the same connection type that show up differently when you connect them?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you install the chip set driver from your device's manufacturer to check if the issue persists. You may refer to this
    link to find out how to get in touch directly with your device's manufacturer.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Mar 30, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Silicon Power Releases eSATA/USB SSD Featuring 8x the Write Speed of the Normal USB

This is not a normal USB flash drive. Silicon Power has released the availability of its pioneering product: eSATA/USB SSD (eSATA; External Serial ATA), a high-capacity handy SSD in worldwide markets. The eSATA/USB SSD features eSATA and Mini USB dual interface, hot plug and play and four-channel high performance technology. The eSATA connection has a read speed of 92 MB/s and a write speed of 48MB/s, which is 8 times the write speed of the normal USB. The eSATA/USB SSD is available in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB capacities that are ideal for those wanting high-speed data transfer, high-capacity and portability.

The eSATA connector provides external data transfer at speeds up to 3Gbps, which is higher than USB 2.0 interface with 480 Mbps. It is very convenient for large volume of data transfer at a short time. The bottom of the eSATA/USB SSD is a Mini USB connector offering a read speed of 33MB/s and a write speed of 25MB/s.

My SSD connection turon off and on through USB !! 107b_thm.jpg

With the advent of eSATA technology, most of the desktops, servers and laptops manufacturers start to employ eSATA port as a standard interface. Nearly 60% of new laptops uses eSATA interface. There are two kinds of eSATA port (with power provided/ without power provided). Users need to confirm which kind of port is on your device. If your eSATA connector is with power, you can plug it directly without connecting any cable. If not, users connect Mini USB cable to eSATA/USB SSD first, and then connect USB to the device. Each Silicon Power eSATA/USB SSD package comes with a TTPE to Mini USB Cable and a user manual with detailed instruction. The eSATA/USB SSD is backed by a two-year warranty.

Features:
    • eSATA and Mini USB dual interface
    • Support Windows Vista ReadyBoost function
    • Support eSATA-2 3Gbps high speed
    • Four channel high performance tech
    • LED indicates the usage status (Power/Access LED)
    • True plug and play, no external power required
    • Compliant with RoHS requirement
    Specifications:
    • Capacities: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
    • Color: Black
    • Dimensions: 79.2 x 29.8 x 10.95 mm (L/W/M)
    • Weight: 16g
    • Connection: eSATA, Mini USB type B
    • Support OS: Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Vista, and Linux
    • Support eSATA/USB Hot Plug and Play
    • Operating Temperature: 0℃~70℃
    • Storage Temperature: -20℃~85℃
    • Vibration: 20 G peak-to-peak max
    • Shock: 1500G Max
    • 2 year warranty

My SSD connection turon off and on through USB !! 107a.jpg

Source: Silicon Power

btarunr, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

1. My SSD connection turon off and on through USB !! - Similar Threads - SSD connection turon

2. Connected external SSD to Laptop through USB adapter and now the main internal harddrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected external SSD to Laptop through USB adapter and now the main internal harddrive...: So I wanted to use a different Boot device with my laptop than the internal without opening it up, so I connect my SSD to my SATA to USB adapter, turned it on, switched to USB boot on the Boot manager by pressing f12 repeatedly and it Worked!! But when I wanted to use the...
  3. Connected external SSD to Laptop through USB adapter and now the main internal harddrive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected external SSD to Laptop through USB adapter and now the main internal harddrive...: So I wanted to use a different Boot device with my laptop than the internal without opening it up, so I connect my SSD to my SATA to USB adapter, turned it on, switched to USB boot on the Boot manager by pressing f12 repeatedly and it Worked!! But when I wanted to use the...
  4. Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub: I have a USB-c Hub that works splendidly. I also have a spectacular SSD M.2 Enclosure that also works fine if I connect it directly to my laptop. If, however if connect the enclosure to the HUB it is recognized but stops working after a couple of clicks and I see disk errors...
  5. My MX500 250gb sata ssd is not being detected by Windows through a sata to USB connecter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My MX500 250gb sata ssd is not being detected by Windows through a sata to USB connecter: I just got my SSD today and I encountered this problem. Thing is, Windows detects the sata to usb connector fine, but the SSD doesn't show up at all, in both file explorer or device manager. Thanks....
  6. Unable to connect Phone to PC through USB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to connect Phone to PC through USB: when I plug my pone up o laptop to sync my its saying USB not recognized I just got this laptop PLEASE Help ***Original title: hp laptop*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-phone-to-pc-through-usb/0fb3f3e9-34b5-4d29-a4ca-09896bf1fc63
  7. Can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot through usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot through usb: I can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot using usb. I have WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular date and the sharing option on. I tried with both the traditional usb and usb c. The PC detects my phone and asks me what to do with it but it doesn’t detect my hotspot. This is a fresh build...
  8. My SSD connection turn off and on through USB !!

My SSD connection turn off and on through USB !!: I am running surface scan or my SSD that is connected through USB 2 port but always after like 30 minutes the drive suddenly turn off (disappear from my computer) then turn on again and keep looping . I already unchecked to allow turn off to all USB ports in device manager,...
  9. Trouble connecting Ipod through usb port

Trouble connecting Ipod through usb port: Hi hope you can help. I have been having trouble connecting my old but still fully functioning Ipod Mini with my HP laptop. I keep getting a message popping up that there is a problem with the driver. I have tried all the USB ports, no difference. The cable I am using to...
  10. External USB Drive Power On and Off Through Keyboard

External USB Drive Power On and Off Through Keyboard: I am looking for ways to easily turn on and turn off the power to my external hard drives through a shortcut or by some other simple mechanism. I have found lots of diagnostic tools, but nothing that would work like a light switch. The drives are both Seagate. Thanks for...