Windows 10: My SSD is detected as a HDD.

Discus and support My SSD is detected as a HDD. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I'm trying to set up Linux to dual boot, and I go to defragment my drive. It's detected as a HDD instead of an SSD. I've tried switching to that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dragonzzz, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Dragonzzz Win User

My SSD is detected as a HDD.

So I'm trying to set up Linux to dual boot, and I go to defragment my drive. It's detected as a HDD instead of an SSD. I've tried switching to that drive in Command Prompt and running both winsat commands. However, it still shows as a HDD. Any fix for this?

:)

Dragonzzz, Jan 19, 2021

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Jan 19, 2021
  3. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Jan 19, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

HDD to SSD

I don't understand why you changed the boot order in your BIOS.

When you image or clone an HDD, and restore the image or clone to an SSD, you've got an identical copy of your computer on a different hard drive. Nothing has changed, really. So the next step is to remove the HDD from your computer and replace it with the
    SSD, then carry on as normal.

BulldogXX, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. My SSD is detected as a HDD. - Similar Threads - SSD detected HDD

2. Device not detecting SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device not detecting SSD and HDD: Hi, I have an old laptop so I replaced the HDD with a SSD windows 10. Since the SSD wasn't being detected , I turned on the legacy support in BIOS and the pc booted. But I have to turn on legacy support every time I turn on my laptop. Also I have installed the HDD in a caddy...
  3. Device not detecting SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device not detecting SSD and HDD: Hi, I have an old laptop so I replaced the HDD with a SSD windows 10. Since the SSD wasn't being detected , I turned on the legacy support in BIOS and the pc booted. But I have to turn on legacy support every time I turn on my laptop. Also I have installed the HDD in a caddy...
  4. Device not detecting SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows detects SSD drive as HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows detects SSD drive as HDD: Hello, i have three disks in my PCC: M.2 1TB SSD windows driveD: 1TB HDDE: M.2 1TB SSDi freshly installed windows 11 pro, in task manager the only disk showing up as a SSD is my windows drive. the two other drives as HDDi unplugged my HDD and formatted my E: disk again. then...
  6. Windows detects SSD drive as HDD

Windows detects SSD drive as HDD: Hello, i have three disks in my PCC: M.2 1TB SSD windows driveD: 1TB HDDE: M.2 1TB SSDi freshly installed windows 11 pro, in task manager the only disk showing up as a SSD is my windows drive. the two other drives as HDDi unplugged my HDD and formatted my E: disk again. then...
  7. My SSD and my HDD

My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  8. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  9. SSD detecting as an HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD detecting as an HDD: My SSD is detected as an HDD! I don't know why this is happening so suddenly. I left my laptop for around 40 minutes and once I came back and noticed that my laptop was being so slow for no reason. I clean up my memory using software thinking it was my ram that was causing...
  10. SSD detecting as an HDD

SSD detecting as an HDD: My SSD is detected as an HDD! I don't know why this is happening so suddenly. I left my laptop for around 40 minutes and once I came back and noticed that my laptop was being so slow for no reason. I clean up my memory using software thinking it was my ram that was causing...