Windows 10: My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded...

Discus and support My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my SSD is not regonized it happened after i downloaded a Windows USB version onto the drive. Resulting the SSD transforming to an USB wich very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yasin Hassan, Jul 4, 2022.

1. My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded...

So my SSD is not regonized it happened after i downloaded a Windows USB version onto the drive. Resulting the SSD transforming to an USB wich very weird. From 2TB samsung SSD to a mere 25 gb USB. Unfortunate and silly. i took my PC to technican since had aswell problem with blue screen reason for why i tried to download Windows. So the technician fixed the PC but said they found SSD in BIOS but wont show up on Windows. I tried to go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control" wich was a solution for somone but i didnt have the "PortableOperatingSystem" . I dont know how to make

:)

Yasin Hassan, Jul 4, 2022
  2. Jay Jap Win User

SSD not being shown in disk management

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify the cause of the issue:

• Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port?
    • Have you checked if the SSD is visible in Device Manager? Follow these steps to verify if it is visible in Device Manager:
      • Right-click on Start and click-on Device Manager.
      • Click-on the Disk drive and check if it is there.
      • If it is visible, try to check if you can update its driver.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 4, 2022
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded... :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jul 4, 2022
  4. My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded...

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Jul 4, 2022
Thema:

My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded...

1. My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded... - Similar Threads - SSD regonized file

2. my SSD isn't showing up in disk management, file explorer, and CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my SSD isn't showing up in disk management, file explorer, and CMD: so I got a 2 TB SSD from Walmart I tried to install BTD 6 on the SSD it's writing stuff to the disk the disk was formatted out of the box so I went to do a long format after I clicked uninstall in steam I closed steam and I go into file explorer it's not there I shut down a...
  3. my SSD isn't showing up in disk management, file explorer, and CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my SSD isn't showing up in disk management, file explorer, and CMD: so I got a 2 TB SSD from Walmart I tried to install BTD 6 on the SSD it's writing stuff to the disk the disk was formatted out of the box so I went to do a long format after I clicked uninstall in steam I closed steam and I go into file explorer it's not there I shut down a...
  4. My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded...: So my SSD is not regonized it happened after i downloaded a Windows USB version onto the drive. Resulting the SSD transforming to an USB wich very weird. From 2TB samsung SSD to a mere 25 gb USB. Unfortunate and silly. i took my PC to technican since had aswell problem with...
  5. My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded...: So my SSD is not regonized it happened after i downloaded a Windows USB version onto the drive. Resulting the SSD transforming to an USB wich very weird. From 2TB samsung SSD to a mere 25 gb USB. Unfortunate and silly. i took my PC to technican since had aswell problem with...
  6. My SSD is not regonized in file explorer or disk managment. Happened after i downloaded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer: So I was running Windows 11 for a long time, then suddenly I started getting a blue screen error. So I ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After this, the blue screen error stopped but I couldn't upgrade to Windows 11, it gives an error message but unfortunately I didn't...
  8. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer: So I was running Windows 11 for a long time, then suddenly I started getting a blue screen error. So I ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After this, the blue screen error stopped but I couldn't upgrade to Windows 11, it gives an error message but unfortunately I didn't...
  9. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. ssd file missing in disk management

ssd file missing in disk management: I have loaded a Samsung 1000GB pcie ssd in the x4 pcie slot on my dell xps 8910. the disk shows up in my BIOS, but I cannot see any sign of it in my windows 10 os. It does not show up in disk management screens and trying to load the Samsung driver says that the disk in...