Windows 10: My SSD is recognized as HDD

Discus and support My SSD is recognized as HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TonyDavide, Aug 13, 2021.

1. My SSD is recognized as HDD

i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can anyone help me?Screenshot taken from — 07/01/2021:Screenshot taken from — 08/13/2021:

:)

TonyDavide, Aug 13, 2021

2. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to External SSD showing as HDD when connected to the PC using USB 3.0 port. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you tried connecting the SSD to any other PC?
    2. Are you using any converter to connect the SSD through USB 3.0 port?
    3. Are you using a RAID configuration?

I have researched on your query and found that the SSD that you are using is an internal SSD drive, in this case I would suggest you to try updating the Intel Rapid Storage drivers from the

intel website
    and see if that helps.

In addition, this issue can occur if the SSD is connected to a SATA controller that is identified as RAID (SCSI). I would suggest you to try connecting the SSD to a SATA port that uses AHCI controller such as Intel SATA controller/chipset.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 13, 2021
  3. Does Windows 10 automatically recognise that a SSD has replaced a HDD?

I have recently replaced the HDD in my Windows 10 laptop with a SSD. As I understand it, Windows periodically runs a defragmentation in the background on a HDD. However, SSD drives do not require defragmenting and running such a tool can shorten the life
    of a SSD.

The SSD was a clone of the HDD and not a new installation. Will Windows 10 recognize that the laptop now has a SSD and stop its background defragmentation or do I need to take specific steps to prevent this activity occurring on the SSD? If I need to take
    action please advise on the steps I should take.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Grangeland, Aug 13, 2021
  4. My SSD is recognized as HDD

Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

My SSD is recognized as HDD

1. My SSD is recognized as HDD - Similar Threads - SSD recognized HDD

2. Installed a new SSD, but now HDD isnt recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed a new SSD, but now HDD isnt recognized: When I first bought my PC, it had a single 2tb HDD. After a couple of years I had received and installed a Samsung 850 EVO to which I migrated my Windows OS. Just now I bought and installed a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb SSD into my PC's NVME slot. I migrated the OS from the 850...
  3. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  4. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  5. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and...: Did a clean install of Windows 10 because I added a new SSD and everything got messed up so that seemed to be the easiest solution for me - to wipe everything and start fresh. Doing this, I came across a problem I personally have never had happen to me when starting fresh is...
  7. My SSD is recognized as HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My SSD is recognized as HDD: i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can anyone help me?Screenshot taken from — 07/01/2021:Screenshot taken from — 08/13/2021:...
  8. ssd being recognized as hdd after clone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ssd being recognized as hdd after clone: I went to upgrade my hard drive to a ssd -using macrium to clone it- and its being recognized as a hard disk drive with computer performance being just as slow as the original hard drive. I've already tired update driver, winsat formal, and winsat diskformal both ran as...
  9. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10: As already someone asked years ago (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-ssd-not-recognized-as-ssd-in-windows-10/70716cb4-34a8-475c-8267-c4a5669beeeb) without any positive fix, I'm here to do the same question again. Why my windows 10 pro x64...
  10. After upgrading, my PC won't recognize my SSD or HDD?

After upgrading, my PC won't recognize my SSD or HDD?: I'm not exactly a computer mastermind, but let me try to explain what is going on... There's a TL;DR version, too. Two days ago I got home from work and turned on my computer, which is a little over a year old and has never had any problems before. It wouldn't boot up. It...