Windows 10: My SSD just dissepeared?

Discus and support My SSD just dissepeared? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was gonna start playing red dead redemption 2 and the game opend just fine. Then suddenly the computer froze and just restarted. When it shut back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Willythechilly, Jan 26, 2020.

1. My SSD just dissepeared?

I was gonna start playing red dead redemption 2 and the game opend just fine.

Then suddenly the computer froze and just restarted. When it shut back on everything seemed normal but i noticed a ton of programs/Shortcuts were just white papers.

I have 2 hard drives/disks. ONe is the windows which only has around 800 gb and my other whihc has around 2 terra bites. Most of my games are installed there.

For whatever reason this disk is nowhere to be found. ITs like it never existed at all.

I have looked up guides and tried using disk managment etc but i cant find it there. IT is as if this disk never existed.

submitted by /u/Willythechilly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Willythechilly, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile My SSD just dissepeared? :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 26, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Jan 26, 2020
  4. HairyFool Win User

My SSD just dissepeared?

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

My SSD just dissepeared?

1. My SSD just dissepeared? - Similar Threads - SSD dissepeared

2. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  3. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  4. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  5. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  6. ssd error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd error: what happened to my ssdm.2 nvme do i need to replace it with a new one or is it fixable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-error/d947cdd4-fa07-4ccf-b0cc-ed2290ad7ccf
  7. ssd error

ssd error: what happened to my ssdm.2 nvme do i need to replace it with a new one or is it fixable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-error/d947cdd4-fa07-4ccf-b0cc-ed2290ad7ccf
  8. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  9. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  10. Nvme and SSD's dissepear all the time after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvme and SSD's dissepear all the time after 1909 update: Hello, I had a desktop build which contains Ryzen 2700x, Msi x370 pro carbon, 16x2 3200mhz rams and 2x Nvme's and 2x SSD's. I build this computer in 2018 December. Everything was fine till the 1909 update. After some time, my Nvme Samsung Evo 970 256gb gone while...