Windows 10: My SSD partitions are in two separate disks, I need help merging them.

Discus and support My SSD partitions are in two separate disks, I need help merging them. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted to assign more space to my C drive which is in Disk 2 but apparently, the rest of the SSD drive's unallocated space is in Disk 0. I've tried a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Coolbard, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Coolbard Win User

My SSD partitions are in two separate disks, I need help merging them.

I wanted to assign more space to my C drive which is in Disk 2 but apparently, the rest of the SSD drive's unallocated space is in Disk 0. I've tried a few methods but with no success. Is there any possible way I could achieve this?

:)

Coolbard, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Cant merge Partitions

This.

Open an admin command prompt.

type

Code: diskpart[/quote] then

Code: list disk[/quote] then find your drive (look at the size of the drives listed)

then type

Code: sel disk x[/quote] (where 'x'x is your disks number)

then type

Code: clean[/quote] then in disk management (so you can work with a GUI) just right click on the now blank HDD and make a new partition.

Solaris17, Mar 22, 2023
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 22, 2023
  4. foxslink Win User

Cant merge Partitions

Hi folks,
    i was trying to merge a partition to another one but i couldnt, it said i didnt have GPT or that i dont have enough space to extend it, does anyone know why? there is only 1 unallocated partition im trying to merge into another partition that has files, the idea is to keep the files intact. i tried deleting it then using the extend function but nada. pls help

foxslink, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

1. My SSD partitions are in two separate disks, I need help merging them. - Similar Threads - SSD partitions are

2. Need to merge partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to merge partitions: I've just image restored a Windows 10 CSM/MBR backup to new hardware supporting TPM and UEFI,. The original drive was 1TB, but only 500G used, with 3 partitions/volumes. The new drive is 1TB. I've upgraded to Windows 11 and the machine boots successfully. The restore process...
  3. Need to merge partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to merge partitions: I've just image restored a Windows 10 CSM/MBR backup to new hardware supporting TPM and UEFI,. The original drive was 1TB, but only 500G used, with 3 partitions/volumes. The new drive is 1TB. I've upgraded to Windows 11 and the machine boots successfully. The restore process...
  4. My SSD partitions are in two separate disks, I need help merging them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My SSD partitions are in two separate disks, I need help merging them.: I wanted to assign more space to my C drive which is in Disk 2 but apparently, the rest of the SSD drive's unallocated space is in Disk 0. I've tried a few methods but with no success. Is there any possible way I could achieve this?...
  5. How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ?: I have a 4tb external SSD which has two default 2tb partitions Can I merge the two together Ive gone into disk management shrunk first one partition them tried deleting it all together. The. I tried to extend the other or merge but I do not have a merge option and the...
  6. Merge two partitions with a partition in between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merge two partitions with a partition in between: I deleted a recovery partition 17G and want to merge it into my C partition but I have a System Reserved Partition in between the two. Is there a way to do this? I understand you have to keep the System Reserved in windows 10. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version21H1, build...
  7. Merge two partitions with a partition in between

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merge two partitions with a partition in between: I deleted a recovery partition 17G and want to merge it into my C partition but I have a System Reserved Partition in between the two. Is there a way to do this? I understand you have to keep the System Reserved in windows 10. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version21H1, build...
  8. Merging two(?) partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merging two(?) partitions: I bought a new laptop (it came with FreeDOS) and wanted to do a fast & clean Windows 10 install, so: 1. I get the boot order right, 2. Boot from my USB stick, 3. Pick the partition and install. It seems, in haste, I forgot about something(?), because the moment I got the...
  9. I need help on how to merge my partitioned hard drive

I need help on how to merge my partitioned hard drive: [entfernt] submitted by /u/pythonnoob69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mayjtw/i_need_help_on_how_to_merge_my_partitioned_hard/
  10. I need help with my disk and SSD.

I need help with my disk and SSD.: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, Recently I upgraded to an SSD. The SSD installation and windows installation on it was done by a service person in my locality. I had 1TB HDD which is now installed in CD drive for extra storage.. now... here is where I need help, The hard drive...