Windows 10: my ssd

Discus and support my ssd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ethernet plugged in 80-90mbs ssd m.2 2tb downloading at 10-11mbs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tayvinHoffman, Sep 16, 2020 at 3:27 PM.

1. my ssd

ethernet plugged in 80-90mbs ssd m.2 2tb downloading at 10-11mbs

:)

tayvinHoffman, Sep 16, 2020 at 3:27 PM
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile my ssd :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

4. HairyFool Win User

my ssd

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

Thema:

my ssd

1. my ssd - Similar Threads - ssd

2. so my current SSD is full I wanna get a new one i want to move all my data from older one...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    so my current SSD is full I wanna get a new one i want to move all my data from older one...: . submitted by /u/Ilovearfa123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuzndb/so_my_current_ssd_is_full_i_wanna_get_a_new_one_i/
  3. How can i change my new SSD into the C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i change my new SSD into the C drive?: I recently bought a SSD for my computer and migrated the OS to it from the old HDD. I looked up how to change the letter for the drives as well but i can not seem to get the new SSD to be labeled as the C drive. I was wondering how do i make it so that SSD becomes the C drive...
  4. Surface Pro 5 no wifi and bluetooth drivers, with only one 512gb ssd visible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 5 no wifi and bluetooth drivers, with only one 512gb ssd visible: So I bought a used bricked surface pro 5 max spec'd from a previous now angry microsoft surface lover who had their surface bricked on them from an update. By spending ~8hrs I found a solution and installed ubuntu to clear the drive since windows partition could not. However,...
  5. SSD is 100% without using anything on Windows

SSD is 100% without using anything on Windows: Good afternoon, I have a little problem with my Windows 10, yesterday I was having problems with slow to open several applications, and a slow to start the system, and it was a pain, I had to format it to see if it returned to normal, I formatted and went back to normal in...
  6. How to download my games in my sshd when it keeps downloading my games to my ssd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to download my games in my sshd when it keeps downloading my games to my ssd?: I just recently put in a sshd in my hard drive slot on my dell g7 7588 gaming laptop and i got everything set up but i dont know how to download the games into the sshd, it keeps downloading everything into the ssd instead of the sshd how do i get it to download onto my sshd,...
  7. Increasing SSD performance?

Increasing SSD performance?: Hi, I just migrated from an old intel 240GB SSD to a newer Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD. This is the 5GB benchmark I did: https://ibb.co/wLcpw5V I saw some get much higher 4K-64Thrd on the read and write. See here for example:...
  8. Infinite Boot Loop problem after enabling Momentum Cache with BX500 SSD

Infinite Boot Loop problem after enabling Momentum Cache with BX500 SSD: I recently purchased a BX500 SSD and after doing everything right and doing all my updates, I decided to try and activate momentum cache from their Crucial Storage Executive but I'm now stuck in an infinite boot loop where I have access to Bios and recovery mode, I could...
  9. Can't install windows 10 on a blank ssd in a laptop - Monitor out of range

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install windows 10 on a blank ssd in a laptop - Monitor out of range: So here is my problem, I'm trying to install windows 10 using a usb stick I made with microsoft tool. The laptop SSD is blank. This is not an upgrade. When I start the HP laptop, it reach the selection for windows 10 32bit or 64bit. After that, I get an Out of Range in...
  10. Turning OFF scheduled defrag TRIM on ssd drive stopped continual fan noise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning OFF scheduled defrag TRIM on ssd drive stopped continual fan noise: There have been problems reported with the latest WIN 10 upgrade that apparently send the auto-TRIM defrag into daily activity. This may have been the problem causing the fan on my Toshiba laptop to kick in and run continuously. But it stopped after I disabled the scheduled...