Windows 10: my ssd

Discus and support my ssd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ethernet plugged in 80-90mbs ssd m.2 2tb downloading at 10-11mbs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tayvinHoffman, Sep 16, 2020.

1. my ssd

ethernet plugged in 80-90mbs ssd m.2 2tb downloading at 10-11mbs

:)

tayvinHoffman, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile my ssd :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 16, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Sep 16, 2020
  4. HairyFool Win User

my ssd

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

my ssd

1. my ssd - Similar Threads - ssd

2. Windows defender wrote around 9gb of data to my ssd drive (c: drive).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender wrote around 9gb of data to my ssd drive (c: drive).: Hello everyone, so yesterday i run a full scan with windows defender and after some time i noticed my disk usage was a bit high. I opened task manager and saw the disk writing speed around 80-90 MBps. From what i gathered online, Windows defender, when confronted with zip...
  3. External SSD appears in some places but is completely inaccessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External SSD appears in some places but is completely inaccessible: For some reason when i plug my SSD in, it has very strange properties. it does not appear in file explorer it does not appear in disk management it does not appear in diskpart however it *does* appear in device manager under disk drives. I'm willing to try really anything...
  4. Customised diskpart - search and partition SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Customised diskpart - search and partition SSD: Hello everyone, I am doing new images for our company, and using WinPe to automate things. Usually and most of the PC that we deploy have only one disk, and than the default microsoft script does good job for me: Code: rem == CreatePartitions-UEFI.txt == rem == These...
  5. Need to upgrade SSD to a larger SSD, how to move license over?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to upgrade SSD to a larger SSD, how to move license over?: I have purchased an OEM laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. The laptop packaging box or label on the back of the laptop did not have a Window 10 product key listed anywhere. However I've found the product key from command line like so which gives me a 25 digit key wmic...
  6. Clean install to new SSD

Clean install to new SSD: I just purchased a SSD to replace my HDD and I am trying to install windows 10 on the new SSD. I have the key, and the cloning didn’t work for me. I am just looking for a fresh new install on the new SSD so I can remove the old HDD. Any and all help is greatly appreciated....
  7. Converted to SSD lost recovery data?

in Windows 10 Support
    Converted to SSD lost recovery data?: Hi. On laptop I cloned HDD to SSD. Installed SSD. Connected HDD as USB. Formatted Primary Partition on HDD. But something seems not right. Windows 10 Home, version 2004, build 19041.508. --on new SSD (Drive C:), it show 1GB Recovery partition, 100MB EFI partition, Then NTFS...
  8. I need help of buying 1TB M.2 SSD SATA 2280 for my Asus Vivobook 15 R542UQ-DM153...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help of buying 1TB M.2 SSD SATA 2280 for my Asus Vivobook 15 R542UQ-DM153...: I want to upgrade from 250GB M.2 SSD SATA 2280 to 1TB M.2 SSD SATA 2280 only. My asus laptop supports only M.2 SSD SATA 2280. I have sorted out from three models from the amazon india website . 1. Western Digital WD Blue 1 TB M.2 2280 SATA Internal Solid...
  9. What's the easiest way to clone Windows from laptop HDD to SSD?

What's the easiest way to clone Windows from laptop HDD to SSD?: Hi all, just got a new SSD for an old Dell Inspiron. I recently restored my Windows 10, so all I need to copy from the old HDD is the OS. What's the easiest way to do it with a USB to SATA adapter? Thanks. submitted by /u/AyAy08 [link] [comments]...
  10. Full-disk encryption of an SSD with Bitlocker. Over-provisioning? Does TRIM work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Full-disk encryption of an SSD with Bitlocker. Over-provisioning? Does TRIM work?: Hello everybody, I wonder if it is advisable in the case of a complete encryption of an SSD using Bitlocker, to create an unencrypted partition in the size of x percent to give the controller free space in addition to the factory over-provisioning for maintenance tasks like...