Windows 10: My Standalone Home Desktop Thinks It's a Server?

Discus and support My Standalone Home Desktop Thinks It's a Server? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from a FX-8350 on a M5AFX99 system to a Ryzen 5 3600 on a ROG Strix B450F-II both using Win 10 20H2 OS and now the PC thinks it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tazmo8448, Jul 20, 2021.

1. tazmo8448 Win User

My Standalone Home Desktop Thinks It's a Server?

I recently upgraded from a FX-8350 on a M5AFX99 system to a Ryzen 5 3600 on a ROG Strix B450F-II both using Win 10 20H2 OS and now the PC thinks it is a Server because I am getting all sorts of Server errors in Event Viewer; whereas these did not occur on the older system. Looking at the Server settings in Services.msc I have tried all different kinds of settings from Automatic to Manual to Disabled and none seem to make this thing go away. Everyday Event Viewer generates anywhere from 30 to 100 of PerfNet 2002 & 2004 ID errors along with MSDTC Client 2 4104 cluster mode ID errors. Googling around there does not seem to be any way to solve these or at least I have not come across any that had 'solved' connected with the queries.

:)

tazmo8448, Jul 20, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Isirli Win User
    Remoteapps on windows 2016 Essentials standalone server

Hi,

Is there a possibility to run RDS remoteapp server on standalone 2016 Essentials server without AD and without buying additional CALs?

Isirli, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

1. My Standalone Home Desktop Thinks It's a Server? - Similar Threads - Standalone Home Desktop

2. Home Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Server: can anyone help please?i have a pc at home that i want to use as a server with up to 5 people gaining access to. how would i do thAT?aNY HELP IS APPRECIATED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-server/4282b681-86e3-4bd9-a5fc-787ed6d6be63
  3. Home Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Server: can anyone help please?i have a pc at home that i want to use as a server with up to 5 people gaining access to. how would i do thAT?aNY HELP IS APPRECIATED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-server/4282b681-86e3-4bd9-a5fc-787ed6d6be63
  4. SQL Server 2019 Standard Standalone Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2019 Standard Standalone Installation: Hello folks,We have an offline machine which is not possible to connect to the internet. I need to install SQL Server 2019 Standard on this machine, but all I can find is web installations that need an online connection. Is there a way to install it without a connection to...
  5. SQL Server 2019 Standard Standalone Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL Server 2019 Standard Standalone Installation: Hello folks,We have an offline machine which is not possible to connect to the internet. I need to install SQL Server 2019 Standard on this machine, but all I can find is web installations that need an online connection. Is there a way to install it without a connection to...
  6. SQL Server 2019 Standard Standalone Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My desktop computer thinks it is a laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop computer thinks it is a laptop.: I recently built a gaming computer and took an m.2 ssd from my broken gaming laptop and put it into the gaming computer for extra storage. When I turned on my gaming computer for the first time I had the same background and games installed from my broken laptop. But then I...
  8. Home Server

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home Server: I don't know if this is possible or not, but I had an idea. I have multiple computers in my home. Each servers a particular purpose. Sometimes when I am on one computer I would like to access some of the programs that are on a different computer. I was thinking it would be...
  9. My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop: When going to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers" my computer registers as a Notebook, even though it's clearly not. What gives? [ATTACH]...
  10. My Desktop Thinks It has a Battery Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Desktop Thinks It has a Battery Win10 Home: My computer is going to sleep after 30 minutes and shutting down after 1 hour. When I go into Settings>Power & Sleep, these are the maximum amounts of time that the computer can stay on. Under the "Screen" setting it says "When plugged in, turn off after" (30 Minutres). Under...