Windows 10: My Start and Configuration menus aren't working. I can't click anything due to an...

Discus and support My Start and Configuration menus aren't working. I can't click anything due to an... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to an ultrawide screen, and ever since, I'm unable to interact with the Start menu and with anything in Configuration. Anytime I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mitchell van Winsum, Jun 4, 2020.

1. My Start and Configuration menus aren't working. I can't click anything due to an...

I recently upgraded to an ultrawide screen, and ever since, I'm unable to interact with the Start menu and with anything in Configuration. Anytime I open that menu, I'm greeted by an undismissable context menu with 'paste' if I have nothing pasted, and 'select everything' and 'undo' when I do have something pasted. I'm able to click these context options but unable to do most of anything else.

If I hold down a key and spam click at the same time, I'm able to get in some letters, but this is hardly conducive to accurate typing. Please help :

:)

Mitchell van Winsum, Jun 4, 2020
  2. DennisUE. Win User

critical error message at startup. CRITICAL ERROR START MENU AND CORTANA AREN`T WORKING will try and correct next time you sign in

I have the critical error message at startup. CRITICAL ERROR START MENU AND CORTANA AREN`T WORKING will try and correct next time you sign in. Sign out now

The same message appears next time

I sign in. It is impossible to get past this screen as you have no start menu. Any help would be appreciated

Op - DennisUE

DennisUE., Jun 4, 2020
  3. diego Win User
    Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

My Start and Configuration menus aren't working. I can't click anything due to an... [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Jun 4, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

My Start and Configuration menus aren't working. I can't click anything due to an...

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My Start and Configuration menus aren't working. I can't click anything due to an... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

My Start and Configuration menus aren't working. I can't click anything due to an...

1. My Start and Configuration menus aren't working. I can't click anything due to an... - Similar Threads - Start Configuration menus

2. My taskbar icons aren't doing anything when clicked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar icons aren't doing anything when clicked?: One day I have gotten home, and my laptop is now not allowing me to click on my internet, battery, windows, audio, and calander icon on my task bar. Mouse2 clicking on the icons don't pop anything up either. Please I really need help with this since I use this laptop on the...
  3. My taskbar icons aren't doing anything when clicked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar icons aren't doing anything when clicked?: One day I have gotten home, and my laptop is now not allowing me to click on my internet, battery, windows, audio, and calander icon on my task bar. Mouse2 clicking on the icons don't pop anything up either. Please I really need help with this since I use this laptop on the...
  4. Certain website menus aren't working for me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain website menus aren't working for me: For example, msggo.com allows you to pick your tv provider so you can log in. Clicking the provider in the drop down does not redirect to the login page like it used to. I've tried multiple browsers, chrome, firefox, edge, etc. I'm not sure if i uninstalled something that may...
  5. I can't click anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't click anything: -i cant click of anything randomly after i play a game browse something in the net. -but my keyboard works and my mouse pointer is moving i just cant click on anything - and if i clicked on a window it is not selected. - it has been an issue for me 2 months ago....
  6. I can't click on anything in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't click on anything in the start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jq910 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inynd0/i_cant_click_on_anything_in_the_start_menu/
  7. Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything: I just updated from Windows 7, and I wanted to change my desktop picture. I clicked on "Personalize" and this menu showed up: [ATTACH] It was stuck like this. I could not click on any of the buttons on the side or anything. I tried going to my Settings from the start menu...
  8. Can't click on anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on anything: Randomly, I am not able to click on anything. I can move mouse just fine, but can't click on any task buttons. They don't even highlight when I hover over them. I am able to click on apps on the desktop though (the shortcuts). If I restart 4 times, smetimes the problem goes...
  9. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on anything in the start menu.: Hello, I had this problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 as well, so i figured with the new ten I'd actually try to get this fixed. Before, it didn't bug me as much. Before the update i simply wiped my computer just like i did before 8.1 so that it could install faster and not have to...
  10. Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu: Good day. I have an HP notebook with Windows 10 and yesterday I noticed that when I tried to open any programs from the taskbar, nothing happened. I clicked on the Start Menu also, nothing again. Even if I wave my mouse on the taskbar/Start menu. The icons don't light...