Windows 10: My start and settings won't open, I need help

Discus and support My start and settings won't open, I need help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I opened my pc and the start menu won't open and the setting won't open. I need help ASAP, live hcat takes so long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chronomite, May 12, 2020.

1. My start and settings won't open, I need help

I opened my pc and the start menu won't open and the setting won't open. I need help ASAP, live hcat takes so long

:)

Chronomite, May 12, 2020

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, May 12, 2020
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 12, 2020
  4. My start and settings won't open, I need help

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, May 12, 2020
Thema:

My start and settings won't open, I need help

1. My start and settings won't open, I need help - Similar Threads - start settings won't

2. I cant open my settings to turn my internet on I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open my settings to turn my internet on I need help: When ever I try to open my settings to turn my internet on because for some reason it’s turned off it says “This file does not have an app associated with it for preforming this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the...
  3. My quick settings is not opening need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My quick settings is not opening need help: it is not showing me quick options* Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-quick-settings-is-not-opening-need-help/54c96d49-a7b0-4eae-acf5-14a9b71b4805
  4. My quick settings is not opening need help

My quick settings is not opening need help: it is not showing me quick options* Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-quick-settings-is-not-opening-need-help/54c96d49-a7b0-4eae-acf5-14a9b71b4805
  5. My settings won't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My settings won't open: I dont when this happened but my settings will show for like 2 seconds then closes itself submitted by /u/graphicheart10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mabky2/my_settings_wont_open/
  6. My settings won't open???

My settings won't open???: Yea it was working just fine forever and then just yesterday, it just stopped opening. I can launch any of the settings like the main panel, the uninstall apps, and the Bluetooth which I need to connect a controller through Bluetooth so this is an issue. Any help? I'm on 2004...
  7. My control panel and settings won't open. Need help!

My control panel and settings won't open. Need help!: My windows 10 just broke for some reason. For the past few days, i've been unable to open my Control Panel or settings. I literally cannot do anything, my network settings/wifi icon has also gone missing from my taskbar. So I can't change my wifi connection. Only reason I've...
  8. my laptop won't open the settings and the windows start also won't start please help me my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop won't open the settings and the windows start also won't start please help me my...: my laptop won't open the settings and the windows start also won't start please help me my dad's going to kill me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-open-the-settings-and-the-windows/0b531ae3-a7b0-4aae-9518-e92661c3c361
  9. Settings and Start Menu won't open!

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings and Start Menu won't open!: A couple days ago my computer started acting funky and the next day my settings would crash every time I would open it I have tried running the troubleshooters and all the commands in PowerShell and cmd but nothing seems to work. Also, my start menu won't open even if I do...
  10. I need help to open a application to start on boot

I need help to open a application to start on boot: hi, i am using windows10 i want to open a application when i start my computer application name = DialogDevil home page = http://www.dialogdevil.com/ thank you 83128