Windows 10: My start bottom is not working

Discus and support My start bottom is not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My start bottom is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-bottom-is-not-working/03cffa13-60f0-4ada-b3bf-c012b46abae3 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SandraOppong, Dec 21, 2019.

1. My start bottom is not working

My start bottom is not working

:)

SandraOppong, Dec 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 21, 2019
  4. My start bottom is not working

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

My start bottom is not working

1. My start bottom is not working - Similar Threads - start bottom working

2. My windows start bottom and search is not working, please can someone help me fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My windows start bottom and search is not working, please can someone help me fix this?: I’m not able to go to my programs or search for my programs because the window button and search bar is not active. And I do get this error. File system error -2144927439...
  3. My windows start bottom and search is not working, please can someone help me fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows start bottom and search is not working, please can someone help me fix this?: I’m not able to go to my programs or search for my programs because the window button and search bar is not active. And I do get this error. File system error -2144927439...
  4. My windows start bottom and search is not working, please can someone help me fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. bottom right icons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bottom right icons not working: All those icons in the bottom right of the taskbar do not work, no response despite left clicks on those icons. These include the volume, network, clock and notifications icons. The Action Center cannot be called out as well. However, those hidden icons under the "Up Arrow"...
  6. Mouse Not Working on bottom left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Not Working on bottom left: Ok so this is pretty wierd I am running a windows 11 and today i was doing some imp work i realised tht when i take my cursor as bottom left the clicking doesnt work however the other display does working properly but on bottom left i just couldn't click anywhere in bottom...
  7. Mouse occasionaly not working in the bottom center and bottom left of screen!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse occasionaly not working in the bottom center and bottom left of screen!: Have Windows 11 with latest updates loaded yesterday. Have a problem with mouse occasionally not working in the bottom center and bottom left of screen. Only way to fix is by restarting the computer but soon after the issue starts again. This issue reported about a year ago...
  8. My taskbar is so small on the bottom of the screen and I can't see the start bottom

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My taskbar is so small on the bottom of the screen and I can't see the start bottom: My task bar is so small on the botton of the screem and I can't see the start botom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-is-so-small-on-the-bottom-of-the-screen/6a399927-4e59-4280-b468-2073dd35382c
  9. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...
  10. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...