Windows 10: My Start button is not functioning. How do I get it back?

Discus and support My Start button is not functioning. How do I get it back? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Start button is not functioning. How do I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnPiselli, May 22, 2020.

1. My Start button is not functioning. How do I get it back?

My Start button is not functioning. How do I get it back?

:)

JohnPiselli, May 22, 2020
  2. Neil53 Win User

Start Button functions

Greetings from a junior member!
    I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro...
    A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board.
    I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with...
    Much of the commands from thew tool bar result in a quick flash, then gone.
    The start button (bottom left) will only work now via a right click to even close down.
    A left click is dead on the start button.

From the hidden icon links, much the same.
    Quick flash from actions recommended and nothing further.

I really do not want to go through a complete reformat and reinstall of OS...
    Any suggestions hw to restore this satanic device back to factory - without losing what I have already installed or set up?
    Thank you
    N53

Neil53, May 22, 2020
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, May 22, 2020
  4. My Start button is not functioning. How do I get it back?

Desktop PC start button and taskbar functions missing.

Hi Mike,

To isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current version and build number of your operating system?
    Please follow the steps below to identify what version of Windows you are using.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type winver then hit Enter.
    • A window will display what version of Windows you're using and what build it is. Please post both version and build number.
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, May 22, 2020
Thema:

My Start button is not functioning. How do I get it back?

1. My Start button is not functioning. How do I get it back? - Similar Threads - Start button functioning

2. Hi - my Hotmail Search function's vanished - how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi - my Hotmail Search function's vanished - how do I get it back?: Dear Anyone.I used to have a little box in my Hotmail that was a search f unction - I just typed in the name/E_mail addy I was looking for and it found all the E_mails from that addy or name. The little box suddenly vanished about a week or so ago and I don't know how to get...
  3. Hi - my Hotmail Search function's vanished - how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi - my Hotmail Search function's vanished - how do I get it back?: Dear Anyone.I used to have a little box in my Hotmail that was a search f unction - I just typed in the name/E_mail addy I was looking for and it found all the E_mails from that addy or name. The little box suddenly vanished about a week or so ago and I don't know how to get...
  4. Hi - my Hotmail Search function's vanished - how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lost my customised Start Menu - how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost my customised Start Menu - how do I get it back?: After an MSI AMD processor driver patch, my Windows Start Menu (the customised version) was lost. I ran SFC/ SCANNNOW and found this offending line in the CBS.log: CSI 000001c9 Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  6. how do I get my Start Menu back

how do I get my Start Menu back: How do I get my start menu back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-start-menu-back/df4065de-17b7-4e29-a2ba-a92dca50d907
  7. how do I get msn butterfly back on my start page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I get msn butterfly back on my start page: how do I get ms butterfly back on my start page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-msn-butterfly-back-on-my-start-page/1483d115-d4a7-43d3-9e42-18c22ab4ef89
  8. How do I make my back button bigger?

How do I make my back button bigger?: When I open a folder the back button is super super small. How can I make it as big as internet explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-back-button-bigger/c68c9e6b-f907-4ee3-9894-c193935ab986
  9. Start Button functions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Start Button functions: Greetings from a junior member! I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro... A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board. I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with... Much of the commands from...
  10. i do not have a start button, how do i get one?

i do not have a start button, how do i get one?: I do not have a start menu. how do I get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/i-do-not-have-a-start-button-how-do-i-get-one/68c1bff7-f3a1-4e4a-a36a-1e9b7de074cb