Windows 10: My start button, search bar, settings are all broken

Discus and support My start button, search bar, settings are all broken in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My start button, search bar, settings are all broken,I've tried to repair windows through a usb driveI've tried to download windows from setup.exeI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WyattTheBuell, Apr 18, 2022.

1. My start button, search bar, settings are all broken

My start button, search bar, settings are all broken,I've tried to repair windows through a usb driveI've tried to download windows from setup.exeI have tried a system restore and file reset from cloud and deviceI have tried fixes from these threads:Can't open settings windows 10 - Microsoft CommunityCannot access Start Menu, Search, or Settings in Windows 10 - Microsoft CommunityNothing seems to work my error when trying to open settings is"ms-settings:File system error -2144927439"My Version and build is:"Version 21H2 OS Build 19044. 1586"My specs are:AMD Ryzen 3 3200gDDR4 2x8gbAMD Radeo

:)

WyattTheBuell, Apr 18, 2022
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Start button search broken?

Not what I want. They way it used to work since Vista days was great, why dumb it down and make it useless for finding programs and controls. If I want to search the web I'll go to Google.

I found a good fix though. I installed Start10 from Stardock (30 day free trial). All is well again. I don't use Metro apps so this is no loss for me.

My start button, search bar, settings are all broken [​IMG]

My start button, search bar, settings are all broken [​IMG]

Just found another sort of fix for this: http://superuser.com/questions/83241...rom-windows-10

Ztruker, Apr 18, 2022
  4. My start button, search bar, settings are all broken

Start button and search bar not working

Problem that start button and search do not work has NOT been resolved. I have tried the steps suggested in previous answers but this has not worked. Altogether very frustrating and a big turn off to my opinion of Windows 10. HELP!

Original Title: MikeKetley

MichaelKetley, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

My start button, search bar, settings are all broken

1. My start button, search bar, settings are all broken - Similar Threads - start button search

2. Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,: I believe I have the windows 11 update, but honestly I cant tell as the Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,I can right click the Start button to get some options, but most of those options won't work either. The Search and Settings buttons are completely...
  3. Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,: I believe I have the windows 11 update, but honestly I cant tell as the Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,I can right click the Start button to get some options, but most of those options won't work either. The Search and Settings buttons are completely...
  4. My search button is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search button is broken: Hi, my search is having strange problem. Basically when I open it it will close immediately. Please help since I really need this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-button-is-broken/1417fe25-30df-48e7-b303-b571354a4b9a
  5. My search button is broken

My search button is broken: Hi, my search is having strange problem. Basically when I open it it will close immediately. Please help since I really need this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-button-is-broken/1417fe25-30df-48e7-b303-b571354a4b9a
  6. My search button is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My start button, search bar, settings are all broken

in Cortana
    My start button, search bar, settings are all broken: My start button, search bar, settings are all broken,I've tried to repair windows through a usb driveI've tried to download windows from setup.exeI have tried a system restore and file reset from cloud and deviceI have tried fixes from these threads:Can't open settings...
  8. My start button, search bar, settings are all broken

My start button, search bar, settings are all broken: My start button, search bar, settings are all broken,I've tried to repair windows through a usb driveI've tried to download windows from setup.exeI have tried a system restore and file reset from cloud and deviceI have tried fixes from these threads:Can't open settings...
  9. Search bars and start menu broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bars and start menu broken: Search bar in task bar does not accept any input and flickers when clicked, search bars in windows accept input but display only empty pages instead of search results. Right clicking in start menu won't work and I also can't open any cascading menus in the start menu. Had...
  10. Start button search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button search broken?: When I click on the Start button and type control panel, I'm sitting under Bing search which is definitely now what I want. What I expect is for this to work like it use to where it should bring Control Panel to the top left pane so I can select it to open Control panel....