Windows 10: My Start Menu and most of PWA apps crash frequently

Discus and support My Start Menu and most of PWA apps crash frequently in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I know every time I hit Start Menu button or press Window key button or when I hit Search button, and start menu/search menu does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/polaraditia, Oct 30, 2020.

1. My Start Menu and most of PWA apps crash frequently

My Start Menu and most of PWA apps crash frequently FI-Eyk9bjylaBGBv8rIgFnuFVNQMaR50_Zah9L4q3DI.jpg

I know every time I hit Start Menu button or press Window key button or when I hit Search button, and start menu/search menu does not appear, it may be crash on background.

I repeated pressing Start button 5-6 times (2-3 seconds between button press) until the menu appear. This is most annoying bug for me.

And other most crash are PWA apps crash like Netflix, OneDrive, Office, Twitter. App launched and stuck on splash screen and crash until restart itself.

UWP non-PWA apps like Weather, Calculator, Store, Mail and Calendar , Photos, Dropbox for S Mode are not affected.

I have tried reinstall Windows 10 (last try with 2004 version) and the problem still exist at least 2-3 times a day.

Do you have any suggestion for fix?

Reliability history shows Start Menu crash and WWA host (PWA hosted app exe)

submitted by /u/polaraditia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/polaraditia, Oct 30, 2020
  2. CharlesWC Win User

Frequently used apps in Start menu

Thank you for the information. I followed the instructions (this is Windows 10). The items on the Start menu are:

1. Show More Tiles. It was turned off so I turned it back on.

2. Show App List in Start Menu - ON

3. Show Recently Added Apps - ON

4. Show Most Used Apps - Off but is gray so I cannot do anything with it.

5. Occasionally Show Suggestions in Start - Off

6. Use Full Start Screen - Off

7. Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar - On

Even with turning the Show More Tiles on the Show Most Used Apps is not available. Any suggestions?

CharlesWC, Oct 30, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 30, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

My Start Menu and most of PWA apps crash frequently

AndreePin, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

My Start Menu and most of PWA apps crash frequently

1. My Start Menu and most of PWA apps crash frequently - Similar Threads - Start Menu PWA

2. PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list: Hi!Something broke the PWA link for my MS Planner install https://tasks.office.com and now I'm left with a "ghost" link on the Start Menu > All Apps list.I've already tried everything I could do, uninstall, PowerShell shenanigans, registry meddling and third party...
  3. PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list: Hi!Something broke the PWA link for my MS Planner install https://tasks.office.com and now I'm left with a "ghost" link on the Start Menu > All Apps list.I've already tried everything I could do, uninstall, PowerShell shenanigans, registry meddling and third party...
  4. PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Frequent crashes/reboots, most frequent during gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashes/reboots, most frequent during gaming.: I am having frequent crashing/rebooting on my computer. I recently sent my desktop off to the Lenovo warranty repair facility to have them fix this issue, they sent it back a month later after replacing the motherboard, HDD, and NVME SSD. The graphics card is brand new, the...
  6. Frequent crashes/reboots, most frequent during gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent crashes/reboots, most frequent during gaming.: I am having frequent crashing/rebooting on my computer. I recently sent my desktop off to the Lenovo warranty repair facility to have them fix this issue, they sent it back a month later after replacing the motherboard, HDD, and NVME SSD. The graphics card is brand new, the...
  7. Most windows 10 apps crash at the start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most windows 10 apps crash at the start: I open certain apps... few seconds... then crash. Not all of them actually. Some apps seem to work Chrome, Discord, game launchers... Everything else like Microsoft Teams, antivirus programs doesn't. Even Notepad doesn't work... I tried everything typing sfc /scannow in the...
  8. How to list frequently used apps in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to list frequently used apps in the Start Menu?: How do you set the Start Menu so that the apps that you use most frequently show up? and other apps that you have recently accessed show up at bottom section like it used to in previous versions of Microsoft IE? All I see is the list of my entire programs and I have to find...
  9. Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu

Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu: Today I noticed that "most used apps" no longer appeared in my Start Menu. I toggled the three bars in the upper right corner, but they did not appear. Then I checked Settings-Personalization-Start to make sure that "most used apps" were still enabled. They are. My Win 10 is...
  10. Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?: If so, could someone please show me how to do it? I removed a couple of apps from there and they either get replaced by a random program or disappear. 14935