Windows 10: My start menu and video games have flashing blocky squares and corrupted text. Help?

Discus and support My start menu and video games have flashing blocky squares and corrupted text. Help? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My video games all worked fine until today. From the menu screen to the actual gameplay, the screen is constantly filled with a lot of small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JosipMoškatelo, Jul 29, 2020.

1. My start menu and video games have flashing blocky squares and corrupted text. Help?

My video games all worked fine until today. From the menu screen to the actual gameplay, the screen is constantly filled with a lot of small squares/rectangles that flash constantly and models in the game deform and flash too. What's also weird I noticed is that even on the start menu, there is some spaces where you can see the flashing rectangles and the text is corrupted with some letters not appearing and stuff like that. It all worked fine until today and I don't know why?

My computer specs:

Intel® Core™ i3-6100U 2.3 GHz, 3 MB L3 Cache

NVIDIA® GeForce® 920M with 2 GB Dedicated VRAM

4 GB DDR3 L Memory

1000 GB HDD

P.S. All other apps work fine as before, just the videi games and the start menu is corrupted.

:)

JosipMoškatelo, Jul 29, 2020

2. Freelancer Menu text corruption

Ok I'm on Windows 7, using a GMA 950. The game runs smoothly at full graphics at 640x480 resolution in a window. The only problem I'm having is that the menus are corrupted as in the text is all bouncing around and distorted. Also affects certain fonts when in game as well, ie text on space stations and other ships. I have googled around for various solutions and still haven't found anything that has worked. Can anyone help me sort this please?

LifeOnMars, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Games main screen blocky instead of text

I have this game, ARMA, and the main screen is all blocky instead of text.. like it doesn't render properly. I have an ATI 5750 1 gig ddr5 video card on win 7 64 bit. Never saw anything like this problem before.

Ideas? Thanks.

John Phoenix, Jul 29, 2020
  4. My start menu and video games have flashing blocky squares and corrupted text. Help?

Freelancer Menu text corruption

Ok I tried the mod and it was still showing corruption in the menus, I tried playing on this lappy's full resolution 1280 x 800 and the same corruption, also tried an updated config file which added support for my IGP and it still displays corruption. If the 945 was originally unsupported would an older driver actually help?

LifeOnMars, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

My start menu and video games have flashing blocky squares and corrupted text. Help?

1. My start menu and video games have flashing blocky squares and corrupted text. Help? - Similar Threads - start menu video

2. Icon flashes on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon flashes on start menu: An Icon flashes on my start menu so fast I cannot identify it. There are no new applications running in the "icon section" on the lower right hand corner of the start menu, and in the task manager there are so many running processes, I have no idea what it could be. How can I...
  3. Icon flashes on start menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Icon flashes on start menu: An Icon flashes on my start menu so fast I cannot identify it. There are no new applications running in the "icon section" on the lower right hand corner of the start menu, and in the task manager there are so many running processes, I have no idea what it could be. How can I...
  4. Orange and Pink Flashes Corrupt Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Orange and Pink Flashes Corrupt Video: Hello all,I'm building an e-learning course which teaches drawing through video lessons. The videos I edited in the video editor show strange orange and pink flashes at different points during the video. The original videos are not corrupted. When I used another video editor...
  5. Messing around with settings and have accidentally made all of my text extremely blocky

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messing around with settings and have accidentally made all of my text extremely blocky: Today I was messing around with the windows 10 settings and have accidentally made all of the text very blocky this includes all text including all web browsers as well. So I was wondering if anybody knows how to change it back as it is very annoying....
  6. Start Menu Text

Start Menu Text: How do I restore the text in my Start menu when it disappeared after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-text/e070086c-126a-44c1-9fea-35a67ac46e7f
  7. Corrupted Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu: I upgraded to 1909 yesterday, and, among other things, the tiling operation of Start Menus is corrupted. For random tiles, they either don't work and/or cannot be moved, or some shortcuts are not successfully pinned. They either do or don't show up in the apps list on the...
  8. Squares in menu

Squares in menu: I have squares in some menus. How can I fix it? I am using Slovene version of Win 10. thx for help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/squares-in-menu/a8586f51-4669-4064-8c9f-1d163e3bf036
  9. Corrupted text on some menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted text on some menu items: Hi, I have a laptop, HP Pavillion 15, Windows 10 64 Home version 1607, build 14393.82. I have recently noticed that whilst browsing my PC and using programs, some menu text is becoming obscured by coloured or black boxes, which clears after a reboot, but can reappear...
  10. Icons in the squares of Start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons in the squares of Start menu: [img] Icons in some of the squares of start menu are missing. How to make them appear? 19148