Windows 10: my start menu and windows key and photos have stopped working

Discus and support my start menu and windows key and photos have stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows icon key does not work on the screen or keyboard and now by photos have stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JuliaHornsby, Feb 11, 2020.

1. my start menu and windows key and photos have stopped working

My Windows icon key does not work on the screen or keyboard and now by photos have stopped working

:)

JuliaHornsby, Feb 11, 2020
  2. drpearl Win User

Start menu stopped working in Windows 10

The Start Menu on my copy of Windows 10 stopped working for no apparent reason. I have tried the suggested four steps above. The first three ran. The final one failed to run due to an error. The process did not fix the start menu. My Windows 10 computer
    is disabled and unusable. I need a solution ASAP.

drpearl, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 11, 2020
  4. my start menu and windows key and photos have stopped working

Start menu,Wifi key, Search key not working

Hello Nikhil,

The issues with accessing the Start menu/ Windows key might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files after installing the latest update on your computer.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Start menu, Search bar for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

my start menu and windows key and photos have stopped working

1. my start menu and windows key and photos have stopped working - Similar Threads - start menu key

2. Search and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Cortana
    Search and Start Menu Stopped Working: Windows searched suddenly stopped working for me, and it's become extremely annoying. I can't click in the search box in either the taskbar or windows explorer. It looks like something resets and I can't type anything in either window. Furthermore, clicking on anything in the...
  3. Search and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search and Start Menu Stopped Working: Windows searched suddenly stopped working for me, and it's become extremely annoying. I can't click in the search box in either the taskbar or windows explorer. It looks like something resets and I can't type anything in either window. Furthermore, clicking on anything in the...
  4. Search and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Start Menu Stopped Working: Hello, I am struggle a lot with Windows 10 honestly. So all of a sudden, Cortana stopped functioning and start menu stopped working. I have tried all steps and tweaks available out there to fix the issue beside changing the profile and backing up the entire user because...
  6. Start menu stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu stopped working: The Startmenu stopped loading at startup and/or when depressing window. It use to work fine. New updates are messing up and resetting many of my settings. 82721
  7. Start Menu button & Windows Key not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu button & Windows Key not working: Hi, Am using Win-10 Education. For the last few days Start button and Windows Key have stopped working and I do not get the list of all programs and other icons from where I can go to other programs. What do I do ???? 55945
  8. Start Menu stops working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu stops working?: Been happening alot lately I can't open my start menu it just stops working. Only a restart or log off works. Any ideas? 24315
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu stopped working: Some help please. Out of the blue my start up menu doesn't open and i can't even click on sear bar nothing happens. I have the latest windows 10 with fall update. I did fall update last week when it downloaded and no problems until now. Weird. Any help please. 97287
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu stop working: Hi I am using Windows 10, and my start menu stop working for me. I have run the following commend in Powershell. sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...