Windows 10: My Start Menu App List Won't Refresh

Discus and support My Start Menu App List Won't Refresh in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Several game apps appear on my start menu, but do not offer an "Uninstall" option when I right click on them. Similarly they don't show up under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mercfallin, Sep 15, 2018.

1. My Start Menu App List Won't Refresh

Several game apps appear on my start menu, but do not offer an "Uninstall" option when I right click on them. Similarly they don't show up under PowerShell. In fact, when I click on the app tile, a program doesn't even open. It seems the program is not there (not installed), and yet the icon still appears on my start menu. How do I get rid of these??? Examples include "Candy Crush Saga", "Hidden City...", etc... I

:)

mercfallin, Sep 15, 2018
  2. pinakel Win User

can not hide app list in start menu

Using windows 10 build 17063

I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu'

But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app list from Strat menu. How do i hide app from start menu ?

Is thr any registry tweaks or other option to hide app from start menu ?

Thanks

pinakel, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.)

One final hack/adjustment and I will be at peace.
    So far no-one has come up with a way to remove the stupid letters from the start menu apps list... have they?

Please do NOT suggest third part apps.
    I value the right click menu features on the Start button and all the third party Start Menu apps screw with this.
    I don't want another program, I just want the stupid clumsy letters gone!

Any creative geniuses out there?
    I'm not the only one who wants this, surely! *Smile

My Start Menu App List Won't Refresh [​IMG]

And it doesn't even work...
    Is the name of the program used to determine where the app goes or the name of the company that makes the program.. or even whether it's free or not!
    (See image F for Free!)
    Useless and pathetic Microsoft!

teachermark, Sep 15, 2018
  4. loyall Win User

My Start Menu App List Won't Refresh

In Win 10 some apps are not listed in the Start Menu

Two of my most used programs are listed in the uninstall programs list, but do not appear in All Apps in the Start Menu, nor do they appear in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. Any suggestion how I can add them to my Start Menu, other than with tiles,
    which I do not use?

loyall, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

My Start Menu App List Won't Refresh

1. My Start Menu App List Won't Refresh - Similar Threads - Start Menu App

2. App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list: I just reinstalled an app on my system. The app shows up in the Settings > Apps list, but not in the Start menu list. Why did this happen, and how do I fix it? Please note that I installed the app under another user; the last time I did that, the app showed up in Start; this...
  3. Start Menu List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173782
  4. App list doesn't showing in the start menu

App list doesn't showing in the start menu: Even after turning on the option the app list doesn't merge with tiles . Please help me to resolve problem providing some screenshots [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  6. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  7. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  8. Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list: So, I'm on Windows 10, the latest version, and I have been having one issue. I have certain apps such as Cydia Impactor which doesn't show up in the app list. I can pin it to the start menu but I really want it in the list. This app was originally in the Documents folder...
  9. Start Menu Broken Apps List entry

Start Menu Broken Apps List entry: So I recently tried to uninstall the pre-installed version of Microsoft Office from my computer, and install Office 365 from my educational institution in its place. To my knowledge I did so successfully, with a small exception. I managed to remove most of the original...
  10. can not hide app list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    can not hide app list in start menu: Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app...