Windows 10: My Start Menu Before and After Updating to 20H2

Discus and support My Start Menu Before and After Updating to 20H2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/parvinderandroid [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/parvinderandroid, Oct 22, 2020.

1. My Start Menu Before and After Updating to 20H2

/u/parvinderandroid, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Drew1903 Win User

Have New 20H2 Start (NOW)

The 20H2 Start Menu can be 'released' from within 20H1.

You will, still, do 20H2 via WU in October, BUT can have the new 20H2 Start Menu, now by doing the following:

1. Open up Notepad.
    2. Paste the following text:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\0\2093230218]

"EnabledState"=dword:00000002

"EnabledStateOptions"=dword:00000000

3. Save the file as 'Start Menu.reg'.
    4. Run the file.
    5. Reboot

My Start Menu Before and After Updating to 20H2 53142dcc-6dd4-4afd-9221-e0a28bfdd328?upload=true.jpg

now and, still, OS Build 19041.508

Cheers,

Drew

My Start Menu Before and After Updating to 20H2 101ca3b6-ebd9-4c80-b925-776d208b62eb?upload=true.jpg

Drew1903, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Start menu not working

Hello Barry,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account suggest you to sign out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter
    from the below article and check if it help in addressing your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

Fix problems with the Start menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

My Start Menu Before and After Updating to 20H2

Start menu and action center is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Start menu?

• Are you not able to open Start menu?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

My Start Menu Before and After Updating to 20H2

1. My Start Menu Before and After Updating to 20H2 - Similar Threads - Start Menu Before

2. Update to 2004 before 20H2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 2004 before 20H2?: I updated from 1909 to 20H2 and had all sorts of issues, to include my system locking up after about an hour, and that happened several times. I was able to roll back, but have since read that I should have updated from 1909 to 2004 first. How can I find the update to 2004 to...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2: Hi, I am having a problem with the full-screen start menu, when I have it on the full screen it has an ugly grey or a blinding white color as the background. Does anybody know how to fix this?[ATTACH]...
  4. Start Menu no longer working 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu no longer working 20H2: I updated my windows 10 Pro to version 20H2 this morning and now my start menu is no longer working. I have tried other accounts on the PC and they appear to be working fine, so it's just affecting my main account. Anyone experienced this or have a fix? Many thanks 169078
  5. Windows 10 20H2 update start menu error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 update start menu error: Hello, 2 days before i got the 20H2 update. I have read the article about it and found that it has a new feature, that is a transparent start menu, etc.. I have got all the new features, but the start menu is still opaque, which should be transparent. How to make the start...
  6. Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?

Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?: I upgraded from Windows 10 version 2004 to 20H2. Is there a way to disable the new start menu and revert it back to what it was in version 2004? Thanks 167373
  7. Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?: I upgraded from Windows 10 version 2004 to 20H2. Is there a way to disable the new start menu and revert it back to what it was in version 2004? Thanks 167373
  8. Some apps still not using universal theme in the start menu after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps still not using universal theme in the start menu after 20H2 update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/khachdallak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbfnpz/some_apps_still_not_using_universal_theme_in_the/
  9. 20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency

20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency: Greetings I just installed the 20H2 Test version of Win10 mainly for the Start Menu now having transparent tiles similar to how they were on W10M but alas I can't really enjoy it because of the "lack" of transparency for everything that is NOT a tile. I can't even...
  10. (After update) All open windows are unresponsive as start menu before.

in Windows 10 Support
    (After update) All open windows are unresponsive as start menu before.: After todays update open windows become unresponsive same as taskbar before.. only option is task manager... Nice update microsoft 143179