Windows 10: my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.

Discus and support my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; kindly need a help for this problem am running on replacement time of a new laptop lenovo thinkpad.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sudheer babupaduri, Jul 1, 2020.

1. my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.

kindly need a help for this problem am running on replacement time of a new laptop lenovo thinkpad.

:)

sudheer babupaduri, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 1, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it. prob.jpg

psyko12, Jul 1, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.

1. my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it. - Similar Threads - start menu icons

2. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  3. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  4. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "Download" icons in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Download" icons in Start Menu: Hello all,On my laptop which I got in October of last year, I've noticed that in the Play folder on the Start menu, the contents will appear correctly if the folder isn't open. However, if I do open the folder, five out of the six icons will appear as a download icon. These...
  6. "Download" icons in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Download" icons in Start Menu: Hello all,On my laptop which I got in October of last year, I've noticed that in the Play folder on the Start menu, the contents will appear correctly if the folder isn't open. However, if I do open the folder, five out of the six icons will appear as a download icon. These...
  7. "Download" icons in Start Menu

8. Windows update exclamation symbol always shows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update exclamation symbol always shows: Every time I open the windows settings app and view over the update page, it shows the attention symbol to show that updates are waiting... when there almost always isn’t idk if its a little bug but i was wondering if anyone else had this issue. It seems to show as a green...
  9. Start Menu Icon Not Showing Correctly

Start Menu Icon Not Showing Correctly: Hello, I was just wondering why some of the icons in my start menu don't show up correctly and instead showing this icon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.[IMG]...
  10. Windows Start Menu Showing nearly only Download Symbols

Windows Start Menu Showing nearly only Download Symbols: The update of Windows has destroyed the start menu. Clicking on the icons just sais - wait until this is completed. It now runs for days and still has not changed. What kind of update is this? Very frustrating that Microsoft does not get their act together on those updates....