Windows 10: My Start Menu is glitching out

Discus and support My Start Menu is glitching out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I went to turn my computer off tonight and when i hit the power button that usually gives me the option of hitting power sleep or restart, the "mouse"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ErikaRittenhouse, Jan 15, 2019.

1. My Start Menu is glitching out

I went to turn my computer off tonight and when i hit the power button that usually gives me the option of hitting power sleep or restart, the "mouse" or selector thing( i dont know what to call it, if i did i probably wouldnt be here needing help lol) moved to the upper right hand of the start menu, and every time since it just keeps doing that now. I can hit settings, the search bar, no matter what it just goes right to the upper right part of the search menu. I dont have that problem anywhere else.

What can I do to fix this? Hope this made sense.

:)

ErikaRittenhouse, Jan 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 15, 2019
  4. My Start Menu is glitching out

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

My Start Menu is glitching out

1. My Start Menu is glitching out - Similar Threads - Start Menu glitching

2. Weird visual start menu glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird visual start menu glitch: My start menu sometimes got really annoying glitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-visual-start-menu-glitch/fc9e7019-b41e-4229-9d0b-e27264a2308a
  3. Weird visual start menu glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird visual start menu glitch: My start menu sometimes got really annoying glitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-visual-start-menu-glitch/fc9e7019-b41e-4229-9d0b-e27264a2308a
  4. Microsoft start menu weird glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft start menu weird glitch: Whenever I open anything Microsoft example start menu or Xbox app or the Microsoft store it just does this https://youtu.be/MNtuRoiILN0 pls help I just want to use the xbox app to talk to my friends but I cant pls pls help...
  5. Naming Glitch in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Naming Glitch in Start Menu: I am having this dumb problem with my Windows 10. The Name of "Windows Security" is replaced with "Set up Onedrive" Please tell me how do I fix it. I have tried restarting the explorer from the task manager and also have tried restarting my computer....
  6. Windows Default Apps Glitching out in the start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Default Apps Glitching out in the start Menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Crimson_Blade_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4wfws/windows_default_apps_glitching_out_in_the_start/
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Glitch

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Glitch: After the Windows 10 20H2 update, apps and programs have lost the colored background that they use to have and now have a color that's depended on your theme. But there seems to be a problem with certain applications backgrounds and the icons. For example Adobe Animate CC...
  8. Start Menu Glitch With Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition

Start Menu Glitch With Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition: So i go to move and only sometimes happens when i open Minecraft and the icon freezes and i can not open it on the start menu even after a restart it just sits there, sometimes it even CRASHES the start menu. Please help [ATTACH]...
  9. Start Menu Transparency glitch

Start Menu Transparency glitch: I'm using W10 1903 build and I noticed there's a glitch with the transparency effect. As you can see in the attached gif, start menu opens in full transparency and suddendly become blurry, this does not happen with the notification panel (but on another laptop I got the same...
  10. Start Menu Glitch in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Glitch in Safe Mode: Start Menu is completely unusuable in Safe mode on Windows 10. I'm not asking for a fix because I know there isn't one. Microsoft releases an operating system without confirming if its basic functions "Safe Mode" even work. This is quite disappointing. I've been a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows start menu glitching

2. phone menu glitching out

3. my start menu glitches

4. glitching menus in outlook