Windows 10: My start menu is missing. I tried everything mentioned in this forum, no help.

Discus and support My start menu is missing. I tried everything mentioned in this forum, no help. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Right click on the Windows icon works fine, left click does nothing. Keypad Windows key same thing. I am running W10 on an HP desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Buddy1999, May 29, 2022.

1. Buddy1999 Win User

My start menu is missing. I tried everything mentioned in this forum, no help.

Right click on the Windows icon works fine, left click does nothing. Keypad Windows key same thing. I am running W10 on an HP desktop.

:)

Buddy1999, May 29, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 29, 2022
  3. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, May 29, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Arul_D, May 29, 2022
Thema:

1. My start menu is missing. I tried everything mentioned in this forum, no help. - Similar Threads - start menu missing

2. I need help with Microsoft Start Community Forums

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with Microsoft Start Community Forums: I am being told that I am violating the guidelines of the Microsoft Start Community forums. When I check I find that I am not. What the hell is the problem? Are you people using an algorithm for your moderator?* Moved from Community Center...
  3. I need help with Microsoft Start Community Forums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with Microsoft Start Community Forums: I am being told that I am violating the guidelines of the Microsoft Start Community forums. When I check I find that I am not. What the hell is the problem? Are you people using an algorithm for your moderator?* Moved from Community Center...
  4. My start menu is missing. I tried everything mentioned in this forum, no help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start menu is missing. I tried everything mentioned in this forum, no help.: Right click on the Windows icon works fine, left click does nothing. Keypad Windows key same thing. I am running W10 on an HP desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menu-is-missing-i-tried-everything/40fde249-9974-4b28-a39f-4929f919942b
  5. My start menu is missing. I tried everything mentioned in this forum, no help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My start menu is missing. I tried everything mentioned in this forum, no help.: Right click on the Windows icon works fine, left click does nothing. Keypad Windows key same thing. I am running W10 on an HP desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menu-is-missing-i-tried-everything/40fde249-9974-4b28-a39f-4929f919942b
  6. Forum Menu bar icons are missing at answers.Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forum Menu bar icons are missing at answers.Microsoft: I recently find that the menu bar icons on this forum are missing. [ATTACH] What, if anything, did I do to cause that? How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forum-menu-bar-icons-are-missing-at/bf108726-ca3f-400b-a153-4d305b2b5255
  7. Horrible transfer rates for USB 3.0 storage . Help! I tried everything on the MS forums ,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Horrible transfer rates for USB 3.0 storage . Help! I tried everything on the MS forums ,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/manikdeprez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/im25sm/horrible_transfer_rates_for_usb_30_storage_help_i/
  8. Help Microsoft I tried everything

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help Microsoft I tried everything: Hello Microsoft team. I'm in a big trouble please help. I dropped my laptop and hard drive was damaged. I sent my laptop to repair and I had my windows activated with a digital license linked to my microsoft account. The repair person changed the hard drive and he copied my...
  9. Bluetooth missing in Windows 10 tried all help provided in forums

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth missing in Windows 10 tried all help provided in forums: Hi All, My laptop model is HP 2000 Notebook PC running on Windows. Can't remember from when the Bluetooth is missing. I opened Device Manager and selected Hidden Devices. It shows "Bluetooth Device" and not "Bluetooth". Downloaded & installed the driver from HP website....
  10. Can't Open Start menu or Settings tried everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Open Start menu or Settings tried everything: When I started my PC today I couldn't use the start menu and the toolbar wouldn't disappear in full screen videos also i tried to open settings it say that the settings don't exsist I have tried all the solutions I could find including on other discussion so what should I...