Windows 10: My start menu nd notifications are not working I did a quick scan but it shows no malware

Discus and support My start menu nd notifications are not working I did a quick scan but it shows no malware in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help me out since last july im searching for a fix for this problem. My start menu is frozen nothing happens when i click it. Before that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by annieedward, Sep 16, 2020.

1. My start menu nd notifications are not working I did a quick scan but it shows no malware

Please help me out since last july im searching for a fix for this problem. My start menu is frozen nothing happens when i click it. Before that happened whenever i opened my laptop it shows local disc c scan on starting up. Following days i lost my start menu , my action center. When i click on pictures it opens via paint only and not with photos and video app. Likewise no apps are working. Please do help me Unfortunely when i try to sign in accounts via settings or tries to add user even that is not possible. When i try to sign in via settings it flashes the sign in windows.

:)

annieedward, Sep 16, 2020

2. Start menu and notification area stopped working on Windows 10.

Hello,

I am using Windows 10. My Start menu and notification area on the taskbar are not working while the Task view and Quick Launch bar are working just fine. I clicked on windows icon and notification area icons like sound, wifi etc but nothing happens. Pressing
    start button from the keyboard also didn't help to open the start menu. I have tried the DISM scan as suggested by one post but the problem persists.

Thanks.

Ashar NawazKhan, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Sep 16, 2020
  4. My start menu nd notifications are not working I did a quick scan but it shows no malware

Start Menu, Cortana, notifications won't work

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that Start Menu, Cortana, notifications is not working. It is unfortunate that these features are not working after upgrading to Windows 10. I
    can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue.

As you mentioned that you have already performed some of the basic troubleshooting of Start Menu Not working.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Article and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Visit: Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Note: Please Ignore Steps for Creating a new Local admin Account and Reset your PC mentioned on the above Article.

If issue persists, you may try to follow the steps provided below to fix the start menu problem.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Morris Subba, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

My start menu nd notifications are not working I did a quick scan but it shows no malware

1. My start menu nd notifications are not working I did a quick scan but it shows no malware - Similar Threads - start menu notifications

2. Quick Scan due but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Scan due but not working: I have a new Acer running Windows 10 S. The icon on the task bar tells me " Virus &Threat protection Quick Scan due " So i press Scan Now and all i get is this and and nothing happens . Also I cannot access the scan schedule details Any ideas anyone ? Thanks...
  3. do windows security quick, scans scan for malwares, ramsonwares .... etc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    do windows security quick, scans scan for malwares, ramsonwares .... etc: other then scanning virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-windows-security-quick-scans-scan-for-malwares/e0ada0f8-a347-4edf-992b-de63ded1fc41
  4. Where did my quick access menu go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did my quick access menu go?: Where did my quick access menu go? Randomly the side bar that had my download, documents, drives and favorites disappeared does anyone know how i can get it back here's a picture https://imgur.com/a/Iy4BaN3 submitted by /u/pauleydsweettea [link] [comments]...
  5. Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working: Hello, after recent updates from Windows, I've found a lot of problems. I can't access the start menu, search menu, action center, task bar, as well as setting. When I try to use the keyboard shortcut to open the settings, it said something along the line like 'Class Not...
  6. Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working: WIndows 10 start menu and notifications menu not working when I left click on them. also some apps in my task bar begin to open and then immediately close when I try to open them. I have only had this problem for about a day. How should I go about fixing this issue?...
  7. Where did my start menu go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where did my start menu go?: Hi guys! Last night my computer restarted and did some updates, and this morning I no longer have a start menu? I can right click on the task bar to get a context menu, but hitting the windows symbol, or pressing the windows key on my keyboard no longer works! Task...
  8. Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work: Hello , suddenly my start menu , search and notifications not work. Even if i click on it it dont opens. I did this solution with this copy pasta at PowerShell but dont works : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. Start Menu and Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Quick Launch: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 today, however the start menu will not open, and only certain items work when I right click on the windows icon. Also, the quick launch icons on the task bar do not work, and won't even let me right click them. Any help would be MASSIVELY...
  10. Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.: So yesterday I was just watching some videos on youtube and then the screen flashed for a second and started everything started acting up. I restarted my computer and since then, the start menu, notifications and all apps like the xbox app and store app no longer work. I did...